Question of the Day, November 16, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, November 16, 2010

Rumors are flying that Diablo III may see a console release [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105308-Job-Listing-Confirms-Diablo-III-Console-Release] following a job posting on the Blizzard website. Would you pick up Diablo III if it came out for consoles?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
hell naw, im gonna play it on the pc, i have a pc that can run it and im quite sure its gonna be played best with a mouse and keyboard.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
If I did get it, it'd be on the 360, but I'll need more details before I jump out to pre-order it or anything.

Being able to play with friends who are running it on PC's would be a nice bonus.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Jedoro said:
If I did get it, it'd be on the 360, but I'll need more details before I jump out to pre-order it or anything.

Being able to play with friends who are running it on PC's would be a nice bonus.
they tried doing that with halo, it didnt go well, turned out that mediocre pc gamers where able to beat pro xbox players, not fanboying, it just makes sense that you get more accuracy with the mouse.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
i chose other. Reason being is that when the game comes out and the graphics requirements maybe too great (which is never the case in Blizzard games XD) or that i cant play in all its splendid colors and glory, i would then consider getting it on an HD console. But PC is definitely where you want it. Hot-keying makes life sooooo much ezier.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I've never been interested in using my computer as a gaming machine. I prefer to play slumped on the couch with a controller in my hands and my feet up, just a few moments after having put the disc in the console drive. I don't want to play sitting on my lousy computer chair, 10 inches from a monitor, hunched over a mouse and keyboard, battling incompatibility issues, long installs and DRM.

I've heard plenty of good things about Diablo and it sounds like something I'd enjoy, so I'll definitely pick it up if a 360 or PS3 version comes along and has an interface that won't be too horrible with a controller. If it's PC only, well, it can sit on the shelf for all I care.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Swaki said:
Jedoro said:

they tried doing that with halo, it didnt go well, turned out that mediocre pc gamers where able to beat pro xbox players, not fanboying, it just makes sense that you get more accuracy with the mouse.
Right, forgot about that. I was thinking of Diablo II, which had more direction-based controls than accuracy-based, so I figure that could kinda-sorta-maybe be even, you know?

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
i'd play it on PC because i prefer my PC to my 360. i guess the it's meant to be played on PC option but could've been worded better.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
I wouldn't buy it on a console. But I think it woyld be worth at least renting. The PC version is the one I'm buying.
Same here. I would rent it but I've learned my lesson with Fallout New Vegas: from now on I'm just buying PC games for the PC. Sometimes I wonder why I got a console at all.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Jedoro said:
Swaki said:
Jedoro said:

Right, forgot about that. I was thinking of Diablo II, which had more direction-based controls than accuracy-based, so I figure that could kinda-sorta-maybe be even, you know?
well i suppose, but i mostly played on the, dang cant remember the exact name, its been so long, the hardcore servers, the you die your character is gone, forever, on those servers it really does matter, especially in the duels, but i agree that with certain classes accuracy really doesn't matter.

the only reason i have for not buying diablo 3 is that it uses battlenet, and my battlenet gets hacked all the fucking time for my wow account, heck i may get it for the ps3 just so that i can keep playing it without the 1 week wait getting in contact with blizzard.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Swaki said:
Jedoro said:
Swaki said:
Jedoro said:

well i suppose, but i mostly played on the, dang cant remember the exact name, its been so long, the hardcore servers, the you die your character is gone, forever, on those servers it really does matter, especially in the duels, but i agree that with certain classes accuracy really doesn't matter.

the only reason i have for not buying diablo 3 is that it uses battlenet, and my battlenet gets hacked all the fucking time for my wow account, heck i may get it for the ps3 just so that i can keep playing it without the 1 week wait getting in contact with blizzard.
I see your point, but I'd like if they at least tested it in development to see if it was viable.

I've had my email hacked once by someone in China, and they tried to get access to my WoW account, but I guess I found what they were doing the same day. They changed all my security shit except for my password, so I was able to undo their changes before anything really happened.