Editor's Note: Star Wars

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Star Wars

I grew up worrying about grade point averages and interest rates on loans, about property values and cholesterol levels. I learned about car insurance and office politics, security deposits and tax deductions. I wanted to be Han Solo, but instead I became C3P0.

Read Full Article

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Woah, I just started playing KotoR II yesterday, coincidence? A Jedi would say that there is no such thing.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Well after my inital hesitation to read this issue, I have embraced my inner geek and so far it's been a pretty damned good issue.
Might have to go beat up some old ladies later though, just to balance out my overly geeky day, you understand.

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
Despite the awful prequels, I still love Star Wars, and I loved this issue.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Say what you will about the prequels, but Ewan McGregor was a *fantastic* young Obi-Wan.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
CantFaketheFunk said:
Say what you will about the prequels, but Ewan McGregor was a *fantastic* young Obi-Wan.
Ewan McGregor is fantastic, period, the end. And to be fair, there is much to enjoy about the prequels. There is also much to loathe.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
I actually like the prequels more. Before the flames are thrown let me say that the first Star Wars movie I ever saw was Episode I.

Feb 13, 2008
HalfShadow said:
Susan Arendt said:
Archon said:
Despite the awful prequels, I still love Star Wars, and I loved this issue.
Speak not of the prequels, for they are evil.
We wanted to know why Anakin became Vader and it turns out he's a whiny man-***** with abandonment issues.
I didn't care a rats hindquarters about Anakin. Anyone who managed to make James Earl Jones sound stupid doesn't deserve to make a film. And that's way before midi-fecking-chlorians or Eesa-only-a-filmsa.

I'm surprised the new Death Star didn't make a Shoop da Whoop noise.

Zak Frost

May 29, 2008
HalfShadow said:
We wanted to know why Anakin became Vader and it turns out he's a whiny man-***** with abandonment issues.

Lame.
Abandonment issues? WTF are you talking about? He's got Everybody-I-ever-cared-about-is-dead issues. And he didn't whine about it, he got violent and killed a whole bunch of people. I don't see any "whiny man-***** with abandonment issues" I see a fecking psycho.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Zak Frost said:
Abandonment issues? WTF are you talking about? He's got Everybody-I-ever-cared-about-is-dead issues. And he didn't whine about it, he got violent and killed a whole bunch of people. I don't see any "whiny man-***** with abandonment issues" I see a fecking psycho.
The problem was that Hayden Christensen did not portray him that way. Perhaps in the hands of a more skilled actor, Anakin would have been a torn personality, a tragic figure, slowly succumbing to the growing feelings of rage and protectiveness; however, with Mr. Christensen, all we got to see was about four hours of emo whining and glowers that would have looked better on Facebook. The reason I don't like the prequels is that they could have been so much better had some choices been made differently.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. We, the C-3POs of the world- the designated drivers, the bill-payers, the budget-checkers, the door-lock-double-checkers- thank you for the recognition. It's often a thankless job, but someone's got to do it.

I wonder how many times Han locked the keys inside the Millenium Falcon and had to have Chewie get his spare set?

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I agree that the world need C-3PO's to run the planet's banks, insurance brokers, and make sure that everyone remembered their passport but it would be a crying shame if the Han Solo spirit died out not least 'cos if I were to ask this question:
who would you want to be? (if male) Date/marry/etc etc? (if you're female) Is your answer going to be C-3PO, the banker, or Han Solo, pirete-scoundral? It's a no-brainer isn't it.

Anyway...Long live the Han Solo spirit in all of us, for we should always dream, but thank goodness for those who come back down to Earth after day-dreaming about piloting the 'Falcon' to Kessel in under 10 parsecs and once again become our diligent C-3PO's.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I wanted to be Han Solo too. Sadly I've become closer to Jabba the Hutt only without the prestige and power.

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Ewan McGregor is fantastic, period, the end. And to be fair, there is much to enjoy about the prequels. There is also much to loathe.
Yes. I've never seen Ewan McGregor in a role I didn't love.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
IzisviAziria said:
Susan Arendt said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Yes. I've never seen Ewan McGregor in a role I didn't love.
That's a good point actually!

As a kid I always wanted to be Luke, I mean lightsabers with force powers would be so cool, but as I have grown older I am now more endeared to Han Solo. I also really like C3PO as he adds a bit of humour to the adventure.