Four New Fighters Unveiled for Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Four New Fighters Unveiled for Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Two women, a robot, and an unspeakable horror from beyond the stars have joined the roster for Capcom's colorful crossover fighter.

The line-up for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-Worlds-Xbox-360/dp/B003IE9V28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289924123&sr=8-1] is nearly full, but not so full that Capcom can't squeeze in a few more brawlers and pugilists. The ranks of the MvC 3 fighters have increased by four, with two new faces, which everyone will get to play with, and two old hands, who are special bonuses for people who buy the Collector's Edition of the game.

Finding a home on the MvC 3 disk are Marvel's She-Hulk, and Mega Man X's Zero. Stan Lee created She-Hulk in the late 70s/early 80s to secure the copyright to a female Hulk character for Marvel. She-Hulk's real name is Jennifer Walters, a shy and timid lawyer who gains her super-powers, not to mention her new skin tone, following a blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner, better known as the Incredible Hulk. The inclusion of She-Hulk is a bit of a surprise, as regular Hulk is already in the game, but she fights differently than her cousin, so while they're both "hulks," it's not the same character twice.

Zero was originally meant to be a redesign of Mega Man for the Mega Man X series, but Keiji Inafune - who designed the character - decided that it was too big a change for fans to accept, so worked the design into Zero, Mega Man X's friend and ally. Zero fights with his Z-Buster, an energy weapon similar to Mega Man's Mega Buster, an energy blade called the Z-Saber, and his long, golden locks, which are more dangerous than hair has any right to be. With so few characters left to reveal, it's quite probable that Zero has filled the game's Mega Man quota, although you could have said the same thing about Hulk and She-Hulk, so maybe we'll see the Blue Bomber after all.

People willing to shell out for the Collector's Edition of the game will gain access to Jill Valentine, from Resident Evil, and Shuma-Gorath, long time rival of Doctor Strange and the Fantastic Four. Both of these characters appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, although the teeny illustration on the product listing [http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88341] makes it look like it will be the Resident Evil 5 version of Valentine, rather than the "Master of Unlocking" that appeared in the last game. It doesn't look like you'll be able to download the pair on day one however, as the listing says that content will become available four weeks after launch.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds comes out for PS3 and Xbox 360 on February 15th.

Source: Games Radar [http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds/news/marvel-vs-capcom-3-she-hulk-and-zero-revealed/a-20101115172617227037/g-20100419113534920006] and Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/gamestop-reveals-marvel-vs-capcom-3-special-edition-dlc-187857.phtml]

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
Well....poop. Unless it turns out that Jill and Shuma are "multi-player-only" type characters, I may have to get the collector's edition then.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Aww shit... looks like I'll be importing the Collectors Edition then, seeing as how its a US only release... bastards...

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Jill has a combo
what is it?
its a weapon, its really powerfull
what about you, banner
HULLLK SMAAAASH HOOOKERR!

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Ahh, I see that it's the X3-to-X8 design of Zero, I'm used to the Zero-series style.

C'moooon Capcom, have more MegaMan in there!

Feb 13, 2008
Wasn't Shuma Gorath actually created for the original MvC, and then translated into Marvel to become an enemy of Dr. Strange? Or am I remembering wrong?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
lol, I like how she hulk hits them with cars, more games need hitting people with cars

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
She-Hulk looks like she is going to play like El Fuerte from SF4. Dash running, jumping off walls into wrestling moves. Should be good.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I don't care if i still don't have a 360 by the time this comes out.
IM GETTING THE SPECIAL EDITION!
It looks awesome and has a ton of sweet extras.

Besides...
ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also Dat Zero theme...
Its officially my favorite Remix so far.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Megacherv said:
Ahh, I see that it's the X3-to-X8 design of Zero, I'm used to the Zero-series style.

MM ZERO Zero would have been a sweet edition.
I could see some his specials switching between a few of his more popular weapons, and having him use his Weather Change System in a Hyper Combo would be awesome.

Id love to see Megaman X or even Megaman.EXE & Starforce Megaman in this game.

laryri

May 19, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Wasn't Shuma Gorath actually created for the original MvC, and then translated into Marvel to become an enemy of Dr. Strange? Or am I remembering wrong?
Shuma-Gorath was introduced in the 1970s. He just doesn't make many appearances in the comics so it might seem that he was added in later.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Gigaguy64 said:
Megacherv said:

I could see some his specials switching between a few of his more popular weapons, and having him use his Weather Change System in a Hyper Combo would be awesome.

Yeah, MegaMan from Starforce and Omega-Xis would have some epic combos together.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Megacherv said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Megacherv said:

Yeah, MegaMan from Starforce and Omega-Xis would have some epic combos together.
Yea, the only thing would be deciding on which transformations to use.
Iv never played the first Starforce games but i loved the 2nd and 3rd ones.

I personally think having Geo use the Black Ace Noise Form in a Hyper Combo, and use Black End Galaxy would be awesome.

Though having a earlier Geo/Omega-Xis would be pretty sweet too.
Id love to see Geo arguing with Omega in some Combo Animations and Win Animations.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Even though I owned at xmen vs street fighter (cammy + magneto), I sucked buttcheeks at capcom vs marvel...(war machine + captain command).

Feb 13, 2008
laryri said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Shuma-Gorath was introduced in the 1970s. He just doesn't make many appearances in the comics so it might seem that he was added in later.
Danke. Just looked it up and he was created by Robert E. Howard, surprisingly.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Even though I owned at xmen vs street fighter (cammy + magneto), I sucked buttcheeks at capcom vs marvel...(war machine + captain command).
*Bro Fist*
Dude, War Machine X Captain Commando was a awesome combination.