Super Meat Boy Come to PC, Brings Goo Balls and Headcrabs with Him

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Super Meat Boy Come to PC, Brings Goo Balls and Headcrabs with Him

An announcement from Team Meat slates the PC release of Super Meat Boy for Nov. 30 and reveals two more playable characters, the Headcrab and Ball of Goo.

Super Meat Boy, the critically acclaimed, super-difficult platformer from indie developer Team Meat, is finally making it's way to the PC Nov. 30. The preorder is on sale via Steam, where you can pick it up at a 33 percent discount, so you'll only be spending about 10 dollars on the game. In addition, downloading the game from Steam will net you the Headcrab bonus character, who will be similar to the Xbox-only character Gish, but with more horizontal jumping power.

Even if you choose not to get the game from Steam, you'll still be able to grab an inexplicably cute bonus character, a Goo Ball from indie game World of Goo. It will play exactly like Gish but will be much, much cuter.

Team Meat is remaining tight-lipped about the 2 secret bonus characters that will be available with the PC version of the game in addition to the already announced Mr. Minecraft and Captain Viridian, saying only that "one of them changes form, and one of them isn't organic."

Source: SuperMeatBoy.com via Videogamer

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Damm, wish i had waited for the PC version now. I wants me playable headcrab!!!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
it sucks so hard that you need to get those impossible bandages to get the characters and even then you can get them all, it really seems like a waste since it would be 53 times as good if they where all unlocked from the start, or from just completing levels, but oh well, im sure there will be a mod soon enough.

and im so getting it, i have been looking forward to it since it first appeared on the coming soon list on steam, so about 2 years now?

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Ooh, next can we have a Smash Bros.-esque fighting game with all these characters from indie games (and the headcrab, for some reason)?

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
I love supermeat boy so much i might get it for Pc as well :p

OT: The headcrab may not be indie, but how could you say no if valve offered it?

Demoliboy2

Dec 21, 2009
So, anyone knows what happened to the WiiWare version of this game? Is it being released at all?

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I've been hearing quite a bit about this game.... what exactly is it? A platformer? And is it worth picking up?

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
The non-organic character is the robot from Machininarium, for those that missed it. All we have left is the shape shifting one.

Also, VALVe is, technically, an independent studio, so it counts.

Also, you get to play as a Headcrab. YES.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
My God. O_O This game just got %100 more awesome. Both adorably lethal headcrabs and balls of goo? The universe might just implode when this game comes out on PC.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Xenos Eriadin said:
Tipsy Giant said:
on Mac too? (crosses fingers)
Isn't Steam on Macs now?
You'll probably get it at the same time as the PCs then, won't you?
I can confirm that the Mac version will come later. Apparently, only in non-Steam form (although that's TBC).

Blue Baby

Oct 9, 2010
I was looking forward to this game(yes, I hate myself)and this preorder is just what i wanted.
There's even Josef from Machinarium!
BTW Right now the preorder is not available -waiting on steam homepage-.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
All I can think of for "changing form" would be... I think there was a Pico character that did that, dunno, was that Piconjo, or, no... Can't remember his name...

As for inorganic, it could be P-Bot from Newgrounds. Or something totally different, who knows.