Online Auction Dooms Humanity to War Against Terminators

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Online Auction Dooms Humanity to War Against Terminators

We thought all the technology salvaged from the Terminators had been destroyed. We were wrong.

We all get the occasional urge to create an unstoppable killing machine covered with living skin, but usually those neural net processors are just too pricey to afford. But if you don't mind fitting used parts in your hyperalloy combat chassis, you can bag a cyber-brain of your own for just a few hundred bucks.

Online auctioneer Juliens Live is selling a pair of brain chips [https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2658/] that were used as props in Terminator 2 in 1991. The larger of the two chips is made of plastic and measures 3 ¼ inches square, while the smaller chip is made of metal, and measures about 1 inch by ½ an inch. The starting bid is a hundred dollars, and the lot is expected to fetch around $200 - $400 dollars when the bidding opens at 9am PST on December 3rd. Other T2 related goodies include the boots [https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2660/] that Robert Patrick wears when the T-1000 is frozen in the steelworks, and an official Terminator 2 leather jacket [https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2711/] given to a member of the crew.

A couple of hundred dollars isn't a bad price for a genuine movie prop, even if it is a little on the small side. If you do buy it though, try not to let anyone reverse engineer anything from it. I'd prefer not to wind up dead or enslaved by murderous robots.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
they lied to me in the movie! i feel betrayed!

lol unless it comes in that glass case and the robot arm i wouldn't want to pay that much for it. at the least not that much for something that can be so easily lost.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Dick Cheney is immediately buying them isn't he?

*and now an alternate version of the joke above for the British audience*

Margaret Thatcher is immediately buying them isn't she?

Oh wait never mind.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
One of my buddies programs artificially intelligent teaching programs at Carnegie Mellon. That is teaching programs that can be taught and adapt to the learning style of the student.
We got him a "Skynet Development Team" mug for Christmas.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
For some reason I thought someone had put humanity on e bay, then I read and was dissapoint.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I went and browsed the items, and found a lot of awesome swag there. I may need to go rob a bank to buy some of that. BRBKTHXBYE
imnotparanoid said:
For some reason I thought someone had put humanity on e bay, then I read and was dissapoint.
Wait for it.

jjafargi

Apr 2, 2010
Hashime said:
One of my buddies programs artificially intelligent teaching programs at Carnegie Mellon. That is teaching programs that can be taught and adapt to the learning style of the student.
We got him a "Skynet Development Team" mug for Christmas.
Hah, nice!