Pop Quiz: Which of These Movie Trailers Looks Great?

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Pop Quiz: Which of These Movie Trailers Looks Great?

The Daniel Craig vehicle Cowboys and Aliens and the Twilight wannabe Red Riding Hood both released trailers today. Guess which one looks awesome?

Good news first: Cowboys and Aliens, the new film from Iron Man director Jon Favreau, released its first trailer today. While the title may seem exceptionally ridiculous, the trailer released today promises a pretty kickass movie-going experience. Now the bad news: Red Riding Hood also released a trailer. The film is the newest from Cathrine Hardwicke, director of the first Twilight movie. Note that she was actually fired from the first Twilight movie, presumably for good reason.

Cowboys was scripted by Damen Lindelof (Lost), Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (both of the recent Star Trek reboot), and will feature Daniel Craig (James Bond in his recent incarnation), Harrison Ford, and Olivia Wilde (Tron: Legacy). The title appears to be pretty descriptive, but the amnesiac-based mystery hinted at in the trailer looks promising.

Less promising is Red Riding Hood, which appears to have lifted its filming locations, casting archetypes, and score right from its more famous vampiric predecessor. The film will feature Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight, Harry Potter, The Fifth Element) and Virginia Madsen (Dune, Sideways, A Prairie Home Companion), who are apparently both strapped for cash.

Cowboys and Aliens comes out July 29, 2011, and Red Riding Hood will hit theatres a few months earlier, on March 11. (I know y'all want to be first in line for that midnight showing.)

Source: Tor.com [http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/11/movie-news-roundup-red-riding-hood-hulk-and-cowboys-and-aliens]

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I find this article very biased, almost inflammatory.

I think they're both fine trailers but Cowboys and Aliens looks more fun.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
Red Riding Hood is the answer to the quiz, right?

Right?

On a serious note, Cowboys and Aliens looks pretty good. Combining two of my favorite genres in one movie, which has Harrison Ford in it, for Christ's sake!

And while Red Riding Hood looks like another teenaged girl fap-fodder, it's not really fair for this article to base its judgement solely on a trailer. Leave that to the critics to decide, this, however, is news.

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
Cowboys vs. Aliens looks to be directly inspired by a Gary Larson comic on the same subject.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
ye...Craig looks incredibly stupid in cowboy outfit, especially the hat =/

Aliens and cowboys?...just no, and seriously red riding hood trailer? Only thing that was remotely similar to red riding hood was there was a red piece of cloth in there and a wolf was in there, wait sorry, appearantly a werewolf, and obviously it's the boy whom she loves, that's a shocker..not.

Red riding hood will probably contain scenes of him half naked with a glistening chest and ripping his shirt of several times.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
Cowboys & Aliens does look amazing, but just from that trailer I feel as if it will have a very similar plot to the movie Outlander (Man from advanced space travelling race lands on earth and brings a lot of shit with him).

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
as i watched Cowboys and aliens trailer the only thingy that popped into my mind was "i saw this in fallout 3" i mean hr even got a pip boy style alien thing-amagig.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Cowboys and Aliens looks pretty cool, but Jon Favreau is a pretty incompetent action director.

We'll see...

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
cowboys and aliens look pretty epic. Red Riding Hood is just Twilight with a skin over it. They literally tell you that in the trailer!

chaplin

Nov 25, 2009
Red Riding Hood looks hilarious, it's like they never read the story. It makes me wonder about what other fairy tales Hollywood can ruin with boobs.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
I think Cowboys & Aliens was made as an attempt to win the internet... I think it has a chance to be honest, especially if it's opening week is against that piece of shit little red riding hood movie.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
DannibalG36 said:
Cowboys vs. Aliens looks to be directly inspired by a Gary Larson comic on the same subject.
Well it IS inspired by a comic.. A comic by the same name nonetheless ^^

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My thoughs-

Cowboy & Alien- Yeeha! I am so looking forward to that film!

Red Riding Hodd- Burn it with fire!