Rumor: Sega Planning Dreamcast Library for 360, PS3

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Rumor: Sega Planning Dreamcast Library for 360, PS3

Sega is apparently planning to release a number of Dreamcast games for the PS3 and 360, thanks to a listing that GameStop temporarily had on its website.

Sega's been spinning out its Dreamcast library for current consoles bit by bit, with titles like Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi hitting the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live recently. However, it seems like this might be just the start of a larger plan to release a number of Dreamcast titles for both the PS3 and the 360.

GameStop temporarily listed a "Dreamcast Collection" from Sega for the consoles, with a release date of February 15 and a selling price of $29.99. Of course, the listing has since been taken down, but Geek.com was able to capture the screenshot seen at right.

No further information about the rumored title has been revealed, including what titles would be included. In fact, it isn't even clear if this will be a boxed title, since GameStop has started selling PSN/XBLA content, there's a strong possibility that this might actually be codes that one buys at the store to redeem online. Until this is confirmed by either GameStop or Sega, this is staying in the "rumor" category.

Source: Geek

Dec 14, 2009
Please realease Shenmue, please release Shenmue, please release Shenmue...

[sub]Or else I will kill you aske nicely.[/sub]

Apr 28, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:

And Power Stone 1+2 with online support, Grandia 2, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, and Skies of Arcadia.

Do that, and I'll be a very, very happy panda. Like a seriously happy panda.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this to:

Quiet Stranger said:
Can anyone here say "Relaunch of Phantasy Star online?"
Do that as well.

Dec 14, 2009
Irridium said:
Daystar Clarion said:

And Power Stone 1+2 with online support, Grandia 2, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, and Skies of Arcadia.

Do that, and I'll be a very, very happy panda. Like a seriously happy panda.
I would be this happy.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
A rerelease of Jet Grind Radio would be incredible. I wouldn't mind seeing Shenmue either.

StoryMode

Mar 18, 2010
Honestly, I haven't been impressed. They advertise "HD Graphics" for their Sonic Adventure. I think the LEAST they could do is make it a wide-screen format and get the darn BOX around the game to go away! I know the can't remodel everything, but maybe some up-res'd textures would be nice!

Otherwise, a big large box around a port is just an eyesore.

Don't get me wrong though, I physically own EVERY Sega console. I love Sega, but they could try harder!

decaying dead

May 27, 2010
grandia 2 definitely agree. skies of arcadia is definitely one of my favorite RPG's, but gamecube already re-released it awhile ago, so thats not looking hopeful... maybe even release like dino crisis or record of lodloss war or slave zero... there was a lot of good games.

StoryMode

Mar 18, 2010
Record of Lodoss War!! Yes! haha. Gradia 2 would be nice as well, to go with Grandia on the PSN.

Don't forget Chu Chu Rocket. XD

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I swear at first glance I read "Rumor: Sega planning Dreamcast-"

and I was all like DREAMCAST 2 FUCK YEAH

but then I was disappoint T-T

well, not really, since a re-release of badass games such as Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure 2 and shit is something to look forward to

decaying dead

May 27, 2010
grandia 2 was just copied over, and pretty badly from what i read at the time. they actually redid some aspects or arcadia, gave it some additional contents, new boss battles, gave it a secondary title and everything...

haha chu chu rockets

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
icyneesan said:
Skies of Arcadia, the old RPG that got away from me D:
If you had a GCN or a Wii, you could play Legends. Still, a remake with textures and audio that wasn't compressed would be AWESOME. I would probably buy it in a heartbeat. It's one of my favourite RPGs.

Jayse said:
IKARUGA for great justice.
There's been a XBL remake already, plus it was available on Gamecube. I have both versions.

decaying dead said:
grandia 2 definitely agree. skies of arcadia is definitely one of my favorite RPG's, but gamecube already re-released it awhile ago, so thats not looking hopeful... maybe even release like dino crisis or record of lodloss war or slave zero... there was a lot of good games.
Grandia was the other one I really wanted. They had a port on PS2 (I think), but it was pretty horrible.