Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes Out "Like Lady Gaga"

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Bill Nye the Science Guy Passes Out "Like Lady Gaga"

During Bill Nye's lecture at USC this week, he fainted and compared himself to Lady Gaga.

Concern is in the air today for the well being of Bill Nye, the man known primarily as the Science Guy. While lecturing at USC about global warming, Nye collapsed.

Reports say that Nye fainted from exhaustion, and not a drug and alcohol-fueled night of insane craziness. Nye may have been thinking too much about the world's health, and not enough about his own.

Nye became popular thanks to Bill Nye the Science Guy, a kids television show than ran from 1993 to 1998 which was sort of like intro [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM030uAzLiw] that could have been written by C&C Music Factory.

When Nye recovered, he reportedly said: "What happened? How long was I out? Wow, that was crazy. I feel like Lady Gaga or something." Don't worry Bill, we know you were probably just really tired.

Nye still finished his lecture for the hundreds in attendance, albeit sitting in a chair. The L.A. Times reports that the response by many in the audience wasn't to help Nye, but to update their Twitter accounts with news of what had happened. Thankfully, Nye was okay, but seriously, how about leaving Twitter behind for once when Bill Nye needs help? There's only one Science Guy, and the world needs him.

Source: L.A. Times [http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/11/bill-nye-the-science-guy-usc.html]

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
FFS!

Ohwell. I probably woudlnt' get up to help him as fast as most would think due to mob stuff, but I definitely wouldn't be updating twitter because I"m not a jackass who brings something that is attached to the internet when the SCIENCE GUY is giving a talk.

Apr 28, 2008
Thank god he's fine.

And really people? Bill Nye the fucking Science Guy faints and you don't try to help? I hope those who were twittering instead of helping get smacked.

But, anger aside, again I'm glad to hear he's fine.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Definitive proof that Twitter is evil: It hates science.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Bill Nye is the coolest Science Guy in the history of Science Guys. His show was seriously the coolest thing on TV back in the late 90's. My Tech teacher last year even used a few episodes to provide a visual aid.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
Scientists conclude updating Twitter does not help scientists.
Experiment concluded, the scientific community moves on to testing whether Lady Gaga feels like Bill Nye when she faints.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Wow, I just had to click the link to his intro song. Then share it on Facebook. Oh, nostalgia.

It's good to see that it wasn't an act, and he really is a smart, funny guy. I'm not even interested in taking a science course in college, but I'd totally go to one of his lectures. Good to hear he's okay, at least.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
If he dies he's going on my list on Celebrities I'll miss.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
-Probably a few more I forgot.

Apr 28, 2008
Stalk3rchief said:
Man, I grew up watching him! I wouldn't say he's a hero figure or anything ,but he's pretty damn close to one that's for sure. I used to look up to this guy, plus even though his videos are corny they DID get me into science when I was too young to care about... well knowing things.
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
He'd be on mine too. Mine's about the same, only I also have Gary Coleman on my list.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
I'm glad he's alive.

Not that I thought he would die from fainting or some shit.

I was actually just wondering if he was still alive after all these years or if he died. Nice to know he's still alive.

Those kids need to be smacked by the way.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Irridium said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
He'd be on mine too. Mine's about the same, only I also have Gary Coleman on my list.
Gary Coleman died!? O.O
I was out of contact with the world for a year or two, I must have missed the news! o.0
Damn it! This sucks!

Apr 28, 2008
Stalk3rchief said:
Irridium said:
Stalk3rchief said:
Already on said list:
-Billy Mays
-Bernie Mac
-Ronnie James Dio
Gary Coleman died!? O.O
I was out of contact with the world for a year or two, I must have missed the news! o.0
Damn it! This sucks!
Then you probably didn't hear about Micheal Jackson...
Yeah, Jackson died as well.

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
I watched his videos in Chemistry. I thought he was dead. O.O seriously, though, Lady Gaga has nothing on Bill Nye the Science Guy!! :)

VicunaBlue

Feb 8, 2009
Well good to hear he's alright. People should have helped him though, the man who got an entire generation interested in science deserves that at least.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
The greatest scientist in the world has just collapsed, and your on &@#!ing Twitter?!

THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Irridium said:
Thank god he's fine.

And really people? Bill Nye the fucking Science Guy faints and you don't try to help? I hope those who were twittering instead of helping get smacked.

But, anger aside, again I'm glad to hear he's fine.
The question posed to those USC students was:

Bill Nye the fucking Science Guy just fainted. Are you man enough to help the fuck out?
Apparently, they were not.