Japanese Black Ops Launch Much Cuter Than In West

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Japanese Black Ops Launch Much Cuter Than In West

It's a safe bet that the Japanese launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops featured more cute actresses in military getup than did any other launch event around the world.

In case you missed it, Call of Duty: Black Ops as was its predecessor [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105411-Its-Official-Black-Ops-Sold-Better-Than-Modern-Warfare-2] Modern Warfare 2.

[gallery=55]

As with other launch parties around the world, the Japanese launch of Black Ops was an event. However, rather than being headlined by fashion designer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104919-Metallica-Coming-to-Black-Ops-Launch-Event] Uno Kanda, fellow actress Natsuki Kato, and retired sumo wrestler Akebono Taro. Squeenix boss Yoichi "Imperial Hot" Wada and Treyarch design director David Vonderhaar were also in attendance, but it's likely that they weren't wearing camouflage and body armor themselves.

The two ladies jointly announced a "Call of Duty Survival" event to be held on Japanese MTV in which viewers could challenge various celebrities to rounds of Black Ops Deathmatch. I guess MTV doesn't actually play music anymore in Japan, either.

One thing is for sure, though - I wouldn't have expected a Call of Duty: Black Ops launch to look this ... adorable.

(CVG [http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20101117_407359.html])

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
D'awwww, that girl looks so cute in the first picture.

Chalk another one up for the differences between our cultures but at least this one isn't strange or messed-up, just a little wacky.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Now if only Japan has used soldiers like that in WW2, they truly would have been unstoppable.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Man, this is so much more awesome then getting Metallica. There cool and what not, but I'd much rather have attractive women (and a sumo wrestler) advertising a game.

Cousin_IT said:
Now if only Japan has used soldiers like that in WW2, they truly would have been unstoppable.
Americans left and right would have been dying from heart atta- HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
It ain't Japan until a woman dresses up in a slutty version of whatever you're promoting

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Why is there a British flag on her uniform in Picture 3? The British don't even play a major role in the game! Is that the costume from Modern Warfare 2 or something?

Either way, combat just got a lot better looking. Forget the violence, if all my allies had a face like that it would make a better game (Unless you replace Reznov, then I draw the line. Same goes for Price and Soap).

Calumon: Uhh... is she gonna fight like that in the third one? It looks kinda uncomfortable.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
icyneesan said:
Man, this is so much more awesome then getting Metallica. There cool and what not, but I'd much rather have attractive women (and a sumo wrestler) advertising a game.

Cousin_IT said:
Americans left and right would have been dying from heart atta- HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Cousin_IT said:
But then it would be some sort of Call of Duty+Samurai Girls combo. And that would terribad.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Apackof12Ninjas said:
I suddenly want to buy Black Ops now.......
After you played a few rounds, you discovered nothing adorable is in the game itself. You have been blasted and called a "Douchebagnoob" by twelve 10 year old kids. You are now depressed and shall be cynical forever.
Unless you just spend the whole time playing Zork. Then you'd be happy.

Until you realize that you just payed 60 bucks for a game where the only fun part is a completely different game from 30 years ago. Then you'd probably be fairly depressed again.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
"This is moar offensive to women and their roles in the military. Rawr Rawr."
-Tonight, Fox News.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Now why am I getting a Battle Royale flashback here?

Anyway I see what they're getting at. That's one cute sumo wrestler they dressed up there.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
FredTheUndead said:
icyneesan said:

Cousin_IT said:
Cousin_IT said:
But then it would be some sort of Call of Duty+Samurai Girls combo. And that would terribad.
If the game was handled by a competent/skilled studio that cared enough to make a good game, then it would be good.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
"I guess MTV doesn't actually play music anymore in Japan, either."
-Made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Honestly, this really isn't surprising.
Japan, keep on being you. You rock.