Ninja Turtles Team Up With Batman, Predator in Russian Children's Books

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Ninja Turtles Team Up With Batman, Predator in Russian Children's Books

Russians are apparently not the sort of people to let a little copyright infringement get in the way of a good story.

With so many extraordinary characters appearing in the games, movies, comics and TV shows that gamers and geeks love so much, there's plenty of scope to ask questions like "What would happen if Superman fought the Hulk?" or "What's faster, the Starship Enterprise or the Battlestar Galactica?" As far as I know, no one was asking "What would happen if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles met one of the aliens from Predator?" but a series of Russian children's books has kindly gone and answered the question for us anyway.

[gallery=60]

We've only got the wonderfully ugly pictures to go on, but it seems that the initial contact between the Turtles and the "Space Hunter" as he is referred to, goes badly, and ends in fisticuffs. They soon resolve their differences however, after the Turtles rescue the Space Hunter from a prison of some kind - possibly belonging to the Shredder, although he doesn't seem to appear in the book. After they make their escape, they go and get a bite to eat while April conducts an interview with Donatello. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea. As for Batman, the Turtles actually team up with him fairly often, fighting against militant groups, the Mafia, and even a wizard. In fact, the gang spend so much time together that Batman has the chance to put his bat-moves on the Turtles' human friend April O'Neil after getting wounded fighting some mobsters.

There are more than thirty books in total, each one an ugly, strange flower that has to be seen to be believed. You can see the whole range here [http://www.turtles-ninja.narod.ru/pics/books/books.html] and maybe, if you've got a few minutes spare, you can try and figure out what on earth is going on.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5694802/predator-teams-up-with-the-ninja-turtles-in-deranged-russian-childrens-books/gallery/]

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
holy fuck

must...go...to...Russia...NOW

on a side note, why do the turtles look like battletoads in the last pictures? =P

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Okay, WOW!
The picture where the Predator eats a pancake and April is sitting happily two feet away...
Incredible amounts of fantasy combined with cheap vodka or pure super genious? XD

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I can only assume they also teach kids about the dangers of drugs

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Words fail me.

Other ideas
~Solid Snake meets Willy Wonka
~Naruto fights Wolverine
~Goku befriends Iron Man
~Altair has coffee with Supergirl
~Han Solo drives Flash around town
~Bill Clinton proposes to Wonder Women
~The Power Rangers cook for The Fantastic Four

I really gotta stop or this will never end.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
I foresee a new avatar.......

I love the Predator-Ninja Turtle luncheon. Just a nice midday break at a cafe in order to catch up.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
Reading through that post made me laugh out loud.

How do you put all them together? In a childern's book?