Meet the Black Ops Shotgun Girl

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Meet the Black Ops Shotgun Girl

Meet the Black Ops Shotgun Girl, aka B.K. Cannon, the young lady with glasses and a Mossberg who showed the world that sometimes the best way to knock on a door is to blow off its hinges.

Activision's [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105485-ESPN-Attacks-Kobe-Bryant-Over-Black-Ops-Commercial] M-rated shooter.

We still don't know exactly how old she is, but we do at least know who she is: Twitter [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2475992/]. "No instruction manual necessary."

Cannon actually drew attention to her role in the ad with a tweet on November 4, saying, "If you watch this CallofDuty Black Ops trailer very carefully, you might see me...with a shotgun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1JQ_tfbHM [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1JQ_tfbHM]" On November 8, she followed that up with, "Enough with the actual television programing! Give me more commercial breaks! #callofdutyblackops"

Cannon's age remains a closely-guarded secret but her Facebook profile [http://www.facebook.com/people/Bk-Cannon/506091477#!/profile.php?id=506091477] indicates that she graduated from the Mid Pacific Institute, located in Hawaii, in 2008, which means that unless she's a serious prodigy, she's quite old enough to be pointing pretend guns at whoever she wants. So nice job, Shotgun Girl. Kobe is famous and Kimmel is funny, but for my money you were the best part of that whole thing.

via: GamePolitics [http://gamepolitics.com/2010/11/22/your-black-ops-shotgun-girl]

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Oh, she was the "fat" girl in house. She was rather good in that episode :)

OANST

Aug 10, 2009
Is this what games journalism is reduced to? Stories on bit players in commercials?

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
So... Um she looks young... And?
Is there some meaning to this "news"?
A young and good looking actress did a commercial where she was wielding a gun?
Umm... Can someone help me here, what exactly is the issue here? This just feels somehow tabloid quality article... (Note I did not say news)

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
What am i reading?
All i can imagine is that you are tiring to cash in on the buzz on black ops by geting as much articles with the game's name on the title so the site will be more likely to show up on any google searches of the game.

But really, you guys can try harder...

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
OANST said:
Is this what games journalism is reduced to? Stories on bit players in commercials?
Gotta agree, nothin goin on in the game world like, at all??

Aug 1, 2010
Really? This is the best the news team could find? At least get her age, because otherwise the whole story is basically just "We found out the name a person in a controversial commercial!" weeeeeeeeee. How about doing a thread on the fact that one of the Supreme Court Judges knew so little about gaming, he asked one of the lawyers if a V-chip would work? Or how about LA Noire or something?

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
cursedseishi said:
Baneat said:
And well, to all the dissenters who were bitching about how a "young" girl shouldn't even be playing M-rated games, would you kindly CHOKE on this and not your foot.
I think they ment young girl as in under the age of 18 "Black Ops" being Rated M and all would mean they advocate players outside of it's rating to play as well if she was a minor, As technically no one under the age of 17 is permitted to purchase said game legally without a Parent/Guardian being present. I'm sure the same would be said if it was a questionable young male actor as well.

Sharkie668

Jan 10, 2010
stinkychops said:
Didn't Mythbusters show that shooting hinges doesn't work?
Probably not seeing as that's one of the techniques counter-terrorist units use for room entry...

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Must be a slow day for news, as those before me have noted. Anyhow, what's the big deal? She's obviously been in showbiz for a while now, and she's obviously old enough to play the game she plays like she's playing, so let's all move on with our lives and talk about something important. Like tacos.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
OANST said:
You want journalism, go read Foreign Policy. We do videogames here.

Edit: Wow, there are a lot more "too cool for school" people in here than I expected. News flash, kids: If you really have no interest in the article, coming in to tell the world about it just makes you look silly.

OANST

Aug 10, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
OANST said:
You want journalism, go read Foreign Policy. We do videogames here.
Was this about a video game? Huh. Weird.

Whichi

Sep 13, 2010
Baneat said:
I still think she's cute, and would rail her mercilessly >_>

did I say that out loud?

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Fangface74 said:
OANST said:
Gotta agree, nothin goin on in the game world like, at all??
This site is mostly focused on gaming culture. How the outside percieves our hobby falls into that wheelhouse so debunking this bull falls right in the middle of this site.

Andy Chalk

Nov 12, 2002
OANST said:
Was this about a video game? Huh. Weird.
Yeah, one called Call of Duty: Black Ops. Came out a couple of weeks ago, you probably wouldn't know about it if you don't keep up with gaming sites. Apparently it's pretty popular.