Question of the Day, November 27, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, November 27, 2010

Last week, we posted a roundup [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105582-Kinect-Hack-Roundup-Robots-Mario-Kart-and-Boobs] of some of the more interesting-looking unofficial uses of Microsoft's Kinect peripheral. Which of those four do you find the most amusing?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I like the titty tracker.

It could be used for automated censorship of Live TV.

Only instead of black bars...We get painted on bras.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I like the titty tracker. It could be used for automated censorship of Live TV.
You like censorship?

Woh boy.
At what point did I say that I like it?

It's just a fact of life, at this point.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pirate Kitty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
At what point did I say that I like it?.
"I like the titty tracker. It could be used for automated censorship of Live TV."

Right there.
At what point did I say, "I like censorship."?
"I like the titty tracker. It could be used for automated censorship of Live TV."
Now you're just pushing it with that kinda logic.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pirate Kitty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Right there.
He states the he likes the tracker, not the censorship, different sentence entirely.

fgdfgdgd

May 9, 2009
Hack!?! Hack?!? Surely you mean 'intended after release alterations that were totally expected and meant as a way for the public to alter it in a completely intended way'...[small]...that they didn't want anyone to do.[/small]

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
No idea what half of them are or what they would do so I'll just go with the Titty Tracker because the name makes me lol.

Aug 25, 2009
The duelling heads just seems like an even bigger waste of money to me (seriously, who buys two kinects apart from someone with far too much disposable income?)

The Mario Kart controller looks impossible to control and I suspect there would be real problems with using it. For example what happens when you move your arms too far apart? Does the kinect just stop registering that you're holding the 'steering wheel?' The reason that systems like the old steering wheel controllers used to work is because they had something tangible you could hold onto, and I believe that's also why the Wii works. Still, it at least has potential to go somewhere.

The 'titty tracker' is just immature and useless, it's a waste of time that would only appeal to someone with a really juvenile sense of humour. I don't consider myself highbrow but seriously, that was just idiotic.

So I guess my vote has to go to the robot controller, because I could see it being integrated with a suit and hey hey we have gundam suits of Appleseed mechs within the next few years. Maybe even the Iron Man suit. That's real progress.

seekeroftruth86

Nov 20, 2010
It's the most unpractical from a sheer utility stand-point but I can totally see games taking motion controls like these to the next level. My vote's for Kinect Kart.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
S'not a proper question without something like: {E} None of the above.

Apr 28, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Pirate Kitty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pirate Kitty said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Right there.
He states the he likes the tracker, not the censorship, different sentence entirely.
How he worded it made it very, very easy to misunderstand.
I thought he liked censorship as well until you pointed it out.