DeathSpank Storming PCs & Macs Soon

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
DeathSpank Storming PCs & Macs Soon

DeathSpank is an equal-opportunity hero: not only is he coming to PCs soon, but he's also coming to Apple computers right after that.

Computer gamers who have been itching to play DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue are in for a treat within the next couple of weeks. However, it's not just PC gamers who get to look forward to some massive tongue-in-cheek RPG humor. Mac gamers are going to get to play the game, too.

EA has announced that Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue is going to be available for PC on November 30th and will sell for $14.99. The game will be available for Apple computers on December 14th, though the original DeathSpank will launch for Macs on November 30th, as well.

Thongs of Virtue is going to include two free pieces of DLC when it launches: "Snowy Mountain Dungeon" and "Sidekick Tankko: Half-man, half-spider, and all awesome." To celebrate the upcoming platofrm release, there's a minigame on the official DeathSpank website called DeathSpank: Spank This! that gives players the opportunity to win a ton of swag.

Source: Joystiq

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Quick note to future Deathspank players:

Don't put the tin cans in the grinder in the beginning.

You'll need a ton of 'em later.

And I was stupid...Grinding them for a measly 1 currency. Thinking it was some kind of recycling joke.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
That game had a pretty sweet soundtrack, but the rest was kind of crap, and the humor felt forced. I think the PC has better alternatives, frankly.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
coldalarm said:
AC10 said:
But deathspank released on steam on October 25th...
That's what I thought. DeathSpank is out, with Thongs of Virtue coming very soon.
Yeah this article actually specifies thongs of virtue, I have no idea how I missed that the first time. I'm obviously insane.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
AC10 said:
Yeah this article actually specifies thongs of virtue, I have no idea how I missed that the first time. I'm obviously insane.
The way it's written makes it sound as if DeathSpank isn't out yet, though.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, the title is very misleading, and the article doesn't nothing to fix this. Is this a sequel? DLC? Because as it's worded, it (both the title and the article) makes it look like you guys are behind the times by a few weeks.