Ubisoft Montreal Offering Free Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood DLC

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Ubisoft Montreal Offering Free Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood DLC

Though the game's only been out for two weeks, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be getting DLC sometime next month.

However, this isn't your average DLC, it's the best kind of DLC there is; it will be released completely free of charge.

Sebastien Puel, executive producer at Ubisoft Montreal, said, "We wanted to say thank you to our fans for making Brotherhood such a huge success its opening week. We are very proud of the unique and innovative Multiplayer mode it offers, and hope the fans enjoy the new content."

The update, called "Animus Project Update 1.0," will introduce a new, harder version of Alliance mode called (creatively) Advanced Alliance Mode, which be an increase in difficulty analogous to Wanted mode's Advanced Wanted mode.

It will also include a new multiplayer map, Mont Saint-Michel, which will feature narrow side-streets, a bell tower, and multi-leveled buildings. The DLC will be available Dec. 14.

Source: IGN [http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136667p1.html]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
The multiplayer really is something special.

Glad to see them support it. Single player DLC for AC2 was terrible, and this is one of those rare games that could use more MP DLC instead of SP DLC.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:

Glad to see them support it. Single player DLC for AC2 was terrible, and this is one of those rare games that could use more MP DLC instead of SP DLC.
They could also... you know... make some good single player DLC as well.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Eruanno said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

They could also... you know... make some good single player DLC as well.
They could, but I doubt that it'd be any good.

Sgt AssHead

Jun 28, 2010
Brotherhood's multiplayer is great, and free DLC is always good, but I still want some great single player stuff as well, especially since AC2 DLC was a little sub-par...

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Multiplayer on Brotherhood is great. Story is good, but Assassins Creed 2 was better in the single player stakes.

You got to beat up the fucking Pope! What isn't awesome about that?

Multiplayer is definitely something that should have more going for it. Apart from the fact that I had problems connecting to Ubisoft's servers.

Wolfy4226

Sep 22, 2009
Now if Only they could fix the damn matchmaking system. >_> It should not require 8 players when it clearly says that it only requires 6. That just slows down matchmaking and makes it incredibly frustrating. >_>

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Wolfy4226 said:
Now if Only they could fix the damn matchmaking system. >_> It should not require 8 players when it clearly says that it only requires 6. That just slows down matchmaking and makes it incredibly frustrating. >_>
Well said, it usually takes me ten minutes to first get into a game. Overall, I enjoy playing multiplayer.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I'm happy it's free DLC but I was hoping that there would have been couple extra side quests. The multi-player is fun though.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Awesome! I already got a freebie DLC from them earlier bundled with the game.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
But, Valve has already been doing this for years.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Brotherhood multiplayer is fantastic fun. I love the look of this new map, too. Looks spectacular!

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
And I'm patiently waiting for the uproar when the PC version comes out... Patiently waiting, with my popcorn ready.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Cingal said:
Updates are called Free DLC now?

Man, industry is in a bad way.
Well atleast someone can see through the BS.

And Ubisoft can give away whatever it likes, I'm still never buying from them again. They made the choice with the DRM they want to run. They can look for money else where.