Strap Yourself In for a Dolph Lundgren Dungeon Siege Epic

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Strap Yourself In for a Dolph Lundgren Dungeon Siege Epic

Uwe Boll is getting ready to direct a sequel to the Dungeon Siege [http://www.amazon.com/Name-King-Dungeon-Siege-Blu-ray/dp/B001EZE5AQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291225807&sr=8-2] movie starring none other than the Red Scorpion himself.

First things first: Yes, a sequel to In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, aka the worst thing Dolph Lundgren [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005458/], who plays "an ex-middle ages war veteran who gets f**ked up but he gets pulled into some sort of medieval power struggle, kind of gets a bit of a redemption for all his pains in service."

You get all that? Lundgren, who's appeared in films only sporadically over the past decade or so, said he was looking forward to "exercising his acting chops" as he gets ready for Expendables 2.

The Dungeon Siege [http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Siege-Pc/dp/B00005KBRD/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291226023&sr=8-4] name is being dropped from the title of the new film, which will be known simply as In the Name of the King 2. Fortunately for those who appreciate this sort of thing, the essential qualities that underlie every Uwe Boll film will remain intact. "It's like contemporary, right now big city, and we have Dolph Lundgren basically being a cop or like a fighting coordinator working as this, and one night he gets attacked by ninjas in his house and fell with the ninjas into a vortex back in time," the director explained, describing what sounds like a classic Boll flick. "And then it turns out it's like 50 years after the first part, In the Name of the King, ended, and Ehb is destroyed and everybody is dead, Jason Statham and everybody who was in the first part, got wiped out."

"They say he was basically sent into the future, he's the son of Jason Statham, and he was sent into the future, brought up in an orphanage, because the parents felt that they would all die," he continued. "So he is basically the last survivor of the kingdom of Ehb so he should bring the kingdom back in charge."

So to sum up, Dolph Lundgren gets attacked by ninjas, sucked into a time vortex and dropped on his ass as the new King of Ehb. Is that not epic? I'm thinking that it might actually be time to watch a Uwe Boll movie. No word yet on when this blockbuster motion picture event will get a theatrical release but shooting is set to begin early next year.

Trivia bit: Although best known for playing gigantic Russian killing machines, Lundgren was actually born in Sweden, is a Fulbright Scholar with a master's degree in chemical engineering and speaks seven languages. Oh, and there's apparently going to be an Expendables 2.

Source: Bloginity [http://www.bloginity.com/blog/2010/11/19/dolph-lundgren-signs-for-in-the-name-of-the-king-2/]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Expendables 2?

Fuck. If I wanted to see aging action stars kick ass, I'd watch RED. Because it's not shit.

Damn, I want a RED 2.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Trivia bit: Although best known for playing gigantic Russian killing machines, Lundgren was actually born in Sweden, is a Fulbright Scholar with a master's degree in chemical engineering and speaks seven languages. Oh, and there's apparently going to be an Expendables 2.
What, seriously? They're making an Expendables 2?

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Ummm, no, the worst thing Statham has done was The Bank Job. What a boring piece of shit THAT was. In the Name of the King was actually a decent Uwe Boll movie, in comparison to his other movies and the other fantasy action film that came out that year, Eragon

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Hah, I loved Expendables. And Dolph was actually awesome in that flick, I'm sorry he didnt get more screentime.

Its not a smart movie by any stretch, but it is a blast from an awesome past.

OT: Not gonna be watching In the name of: the sequel.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
Uwe is the devil. You all know this to be true.

Dolph Lundgren on the other hand, SO AWESOME!
Will probably watch the movie just for the sake of some Dolph action

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Hey, the Uwe Boll commentary on the DVD is some of the best movie entertainment at that price today. For all the wrong reasons of course, but still!
"When life gives you a burning trainwreck, get the marshmallows"

I look forward to Boll embarrassing both himself and the art of popular cinema once again.
But hey, at least it's not Michael Bay.

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
Uwe only makes popcorn mush.. but Dolph is the king of popcorn mush, so this could be quite awesome

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
endnuen said:
Uwe is the devil. You all know this to be true.

Dolph Lundgren on the other hand, SO AWESOME!
Will probably watch the movie just for the sake of some Dolph action
I didn't watch the first despite Statham being in it, so I'll probably skip this, too. But I agree with you on Lundgren.

I just can't see any good coming from this project. Unless it's the last movie in Bolle's contract with the Devil.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
As face-meltingly awesome as the idea of Dolph Lundgren fighting ninjas and doing the Time Warp happens to be, it's still being directed by Uwe Boll.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
While in the name of the king was pretty terrible, it's the best Uwe film to date. Still, why we are going to be cursed with a second one is beyond anyone's guess.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
This is a message to Uwe Boll. Your movies suck and your name is stupid. Jump off a volcano and film it, it would be the first good movie you've ever made.

Apr 28, 2008
Who keeps giving this guy money and work? Seriously, why? How?!

Did they misconstrue all the hate about him as "buzz"? Who was stupid enough to do that? WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US?!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
haha :D god bless that man, i love how he explains his movies, if you are shocked that its going to be crap then you clearly wasn't paying attention.

also:
cursedseishi said:
And second, how is Boll getting money still? I thought Germany patched that gaping loophole shut finally after all the pillaging Boll did to it. Or is it that by patching that loophole, several virgin ones sprang up that Boll has immediately pounced upon to ravage?
ew, dude, please use metaphors carefully, you risk putting a image in peoples mind.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Now get David Hasselhoff playing as an evil warlord and we can look foward to the most 'epic' movie ever made.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Practice acting for The Expendables 2... Yeah I don't think the acting was the major appeal of that particular film.