Survey Hints That Assassin's Creed 3 Will Be Awesome

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Survey Hints That Assassin's Creed 3 Will Be Awesome

An Ubisoft survey is hinting towards some awesome new features we might see in Assassin's Creed 3.

An Ubisoft survey has recently been discovered that asks respondents what they'd like to see from a future Assassin's Creed [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Playstation-3/dp/B000P46NMA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1291486869&sr=8-5] game. It covers a wide variety of bases, with one question hinting towards bunch of really cool new features for the series.

NeoGAF discovered the survey which can be found here [http://qsurvey.gmisurveys.com/dc/index.html?p=Pny9Ep4]. The question that appears to hold Assassin's Creed's future in its hands asks players if they'd like to see the game include any of 15 new concepts.

One idea is the addition of an objective where players must fight for control over an entire city, district by district, similar to other games like InFamous [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Andreas-Playstation-2/dp/B000EHQDA0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291487158&sr=8-2]. Another concept is an enhanced level of Eagle Vision that allows players to see guards' patrol paths, find clues, detect lying during interrogations, etc. Here's the full list:

Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood?

1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)

Also interesting is the mention of both online and offline cooperative modes, which seemingly refers to the single player game and not another multiplayer mode. Using a variety of bombs, Batman-style, would be pretty fun too.

This survey could be an effort by Ubisoft to figure out what it wants to include in the new Assassin's Creed title said to be coming out first revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105657-Ubisoft-Releasing-Big-Assassins-Creed-Game-in-2011] in May 2010, so we may start to get hints toward the new game around the same time in 2011, if Ubisoft really makes one happen.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414828]

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Do want.. fillign in the survey now. I had a load of suggestions

EDIT: Intresting survey! Hope they listen.

As for my top 3 choice, i picked online coop, new assassin/location and new stealth elements (such as the guards patrol route etc)

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
Everyone one choose new time period...Ezio is cool and all but he already had 2 whole games devoted to him.

WTF:..i Dont meet the market demographic to take the Survey for AC3???..but..i AM the market demographic..sniffle

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Damn it! Stop releasing Assassin's creed games! I'm not made of money to buy every damn game!!! Although, I think if they have it as fun as all the other ones then it will be awesome. I filled out survey though anyways.

May 5, 2010
FUCKS YEAH to almost all of those. I'd rather see a totally new assassin, but Ezio leaving Italy is intriguing, too. My personal favorites are the bombs, the Eagle vision updates(guard routes and interrogations) and an update to the hidden blade for free running. Maybe some kind of grappling hook?

Again, FUCKS YEAH.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)"

This never works out... What is the real difference between poison and explosive for example?
They still die either way. And flash and smoke also have the same goal?

Example; who used the poison attack in AC2?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
"4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)"

This never works out... What is the real difference between poison and explosive for example?

I have to agree, i think i used the Poison ONCE in AC2 for th eachievment and i have NEVER used it in Brotherhood, i dont think i even scrolled over the option to use it..

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:

i love using poison, it adds variety plus is good for distractions or just for the fun of it.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Kenjitsuka said:
I used it for shits and giggles, mainly. Poison a guard, throw coins, watch retards who value 10 coins over their own lives run in and get slaughtered. In Brotherhood, though, it's a good alternative to the crossbow when going for the 100% stealth synchronizations.

OT: New time period, Co-op, and assassin's blade.
Wait a second, not part of demographic... Bastards.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Kenjitsuka said:

I have to agree, i think i used the Poison ONCE in AC2 for th eachievment and i have NEVER used it in Brotherhood, i dont think i even scrolled over the option to use it..
I use poison dart all the time, and used the normal dagger when I didn't have darts. Great ways to cause a distraction with no risk, can sometimes poison 1 in a group of guards and he will take out some of the other guards. Lots of stealth missions required stealth range, I'de sometimes run out of crossbow ammo and resort to the poison dart. For dagger it's so awesome to just slowly walk behind a group of guards nick one in the arm and walk away as he spazzes out and swings his sword hitting people.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I like alot of those, but when I go to the survey, it askes me from which country im from, I put USA, than it treats it like im from UK. WTH? I ended up not meeting the demographic.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I just want the story to progress so we can get to the final game as soon as possible, where I expect we'll have Desmond freerunning in a metropolis, using a variety of weapons and modern freerunning innovations. I want to see the end of this story, damnit.

Also, a variety of grenades wouldn't be the slightest bit efficient unless they drastically change the game's desgin.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Focus group-like surveying? I hear those make products even better!

I want to see robots! And.. and aliens! One of his ancestors should be an alien... Oh and there should be magic too.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This survey could be an effort by Ubisoft to figure out what it wants to include in the new Assassin's Creed title said to be coming out in 2011.
Given the timeframe and contents of the pool, unless everything I know about the gaming industry is wrong it's 99% likely to be just that - i.e. a test to see if they should add these features as opposed to a test to see how much people will like features they've already added.

Those are cool, but I'll say it here: if the next game doesn't take place at the very least 100 years after the current double bonus and isn't set outside of Europe, I ain't even touching it. See that Critical Miss comic on the subject as to why.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Kenjitsuka said:

I used it loads, it was stealthier than the hidden blade. The dart they added in Brotherhood was amazing as well. Plus, it was fucking hilarious.

OT: Please don't use Ezio again. He was cool, as well as being one suave ************, but I don't want to spend anymore time with him. Personally, I want a Russian guy, just for the accent. Don't care where it's set, or when, but I really want a Russian assassin.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Yeah I read the co-op part of the survey then my brain pretty much shut down for the rest of the day.

WHY WON'T THEY RELEASE AC3 ALREADY

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
So much focus on multiplayer makes me a bit concerned. They seem to have got the balance right in AC:B - single player first and foremost, multiplayer as an extra. Hopefully they can keep the balance and not fuck it up by short-changing the single player for the sake of multiplayer like so many games do these days.