Raven Rumored to be Back on James Bond Game

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Raven Rumored to be Back on James Bond Game

Word on the street is that Raven's [http://www.ravensoft.com/] rumored James Bond title, which was shelved earlier this year, is back in development.

G4tv reported back in May that Raven, best known for games like Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.amazon.com/Heretic-PC/dp/B0002LHPA0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1291753062&sr=1-1] instead.

But with Black Ops done, it looks like Bond James Bond may yet return to Her Majesty's Secret Service. According to James Bond fan site halt [http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=9117&t=mi6&s=news].

It's all rumor at this point, so obviously there's no word on when it might be released. With such a long delay in development, however, expecting anything before the 2011 holiday season at the very earliest would be extremely optimistic.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I really liked some of Raven's previous games, haven't tried out Singularity yet, but perhaps they can make a good Bond game as well?

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
The " pulled off the stealth-centric James Bond game it was working on so it could make map packs for Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops instead." part bothered me. I don't know much about Raven but sounds like they need a new publisher.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Jkudo said:
The " pulled off the stealth-centric James Bond game it was working on so it could make map packs for Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops instead." part bothered me. I don't know much about Raven but sounds like they need a new publisher.
Yeah, it's a shame they're under Activision's command, should have joined their old buddies at id Software under Zenimax Instead :\

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I say we give it to Rocksteady - they seem to be the ones who understand how to make you feel as if you're actually the character, and not just a generic TPS with Daniel Craig's face on.

Bond needs to be a mix of Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Deus Ex.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Yesss! The more stealth games the better! (As long as they're good.)

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Woodsey said:
I say we give it to Rocksteady - they seem to be the ones who understand how to make you feel as if you're actually the character, and not just a generic TPS with Daniel Craig's face on.

Bond needs to be a mix of Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Deus Ex.
AFAIK they got bought out by Warner Brothers. And besides, it's being increasingly clear that Activision is a publisher you do not want to be involved with.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Woodsey said:

AFAIK they got bought out by Warner Brothers. And besides, it's being increasingly clear that Activision is a publisher you do not want to be involved with.
AFAIK?

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Woodsey said:
Delusibeta said:
Woodsey said:

AFAIK?
As Far As I Know.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Woodsey said:
Delusibeta said:
Woodsey said:

AFAIK?
As Far As I Know.
Oh, well I just meant ideally. I can't really see Activision getting their claws out of it, unfortunately.

Cap'n Moe

Apr 14, 2009
Well, if MGM is backing this, and Activision gets some money behind it, listens to the fans, what they want, and still pay homage to Goldeneye...homage, not recreate. This title alone could potentially put MGM back on the map to generate more/improved funding of future Bond titles/films.