Dead Space 2 Demo Coming This Month

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dead Space 2 Demo Coming This Month

Electronic Arts is releasing a Dead Space 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-2-Collectors-Pc/dp/B0047O7XUK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1291840294&sr=8-5] demo just in time for the holidays - but alas, there will be no love for the PC crowd.

Is there anything that says "happy holidays" like a plasma cutter vivisection? Probably, but who cares, because we're going to be playing Dead Space 2! A little taste of it, anyway, while we wait around for the real thing to show up. The demo will take players on "a terrifying adventure through the Church of Unitology," a place of sanctuary that turns deadly during the Necromorph outbreak on the Sprawl.

"Releasing the demo five weeks before launch will not only re-connect players with our hero Isaac Clarke, but will also give them the opportunity to experience firsthand various jaw-dropping scenarios," said Executive Producer Steve Papoutsis. The demo will let players try out new Necromorph-choppin' tools like the fun-sounding Javelin gun, experience an enhanced telekinesis ability and even take the "advanced suit," which gives players full motion control in zero-G space, for a test drive. "It's gonna be awesome," Papoutsis added.

The Dead Space 2 demo will be released worldwide on Xbox Live and on the PlayStation Network in North America on December 21, followed by the PlayStation Network in Europe on December 22. PC users, sadly, are going to have to suck it up and do without, but take heart: Dead Space 2 comes out for real on January 25, 2011 and until then, you can whet your appetite with the all-new Dead Space 2 trailer available on YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJGj4h8AY7U]!

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
I use a PC. I am just curious enough about this Dead Space thing to want to try it and possibly buy it if I like what I see. But no demo for the PC for the first one or the sequel, so they can go fuck themselves. I did buy Bioshock thanks to the demo. So they just don't want my money, I guess.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
I've played the demo during an EA stand in my local shopping mall. I don't wanna spoil much but one part has endless necromorphs coming at you while trying to hack a door. It was truly terrorfying and I've never jumped so high after getting slashed in the back.

also, jet boots. Freakin' Win!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
but alas, there will be no love for the PC crowd.
Of course... I swear this isn't my preference for PC over consoles coming out again, but am I the only one that thinks this is a little backwards? I think demos should be more on PC then on consoles, or equal on both, just because of how they are designed, and one major factor: renting. You can't rent a PC game to see if you like it or not. With the whole "designed" thing, with PC games now and install codes, DRM, etc. once you buy a game, you can't even take it back or sell it to a place like Gamestop...

PC - No demo, no renting... Spend $50 (sometimes $60 now) on a game, don't like it, and you're shit outta luck.

Console - Try a demo, rent the game, then spend $60 on it. Still don't like it or decide later you don't? Sell it back to Gamestop, and you might even get half that back.

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
LMAO.

There's only one reason PC gamers aren't getting a demo...because they know it's crap. Console owners will buy any old shit, but a bad demo on the pc is death for a game.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
ooh got to try this :D

also another reason why I'm glad I'm a console gamer :)

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
GamesB2 said:
Hope this is better than the demo for Dead Space 1...
I sure hope so. The demo to Dead Space 1 didn't make me want to play the game at all. I only tried it after I was lent it by a friend. I'm sure glad I gave it a shot though. Can't wait for this demo!!!

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Oo wath the fuck EA no demo for the pc. It is not my most aticipated game but I might have bought it if I liked the demo. I bought the first one but only after I found it from the bin because I didn't know if it was any good. Now I'll wait until the second one goes to bin too.
That no demos thing won't help pc game sales one bit.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Dead Space 2 better be good. The original was excecuted very well and got me back into horror games again.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I thought the original Dead Space was a blast. I'm definitely in for part two.

That said, the lack of a demo makes me sad. I guess I'll have to rely on listening to the button-mashers.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Andy Chalk said:
but alas, there will be no love for the PC crowd.
That's fine, if I have to play the demo on an X-Box 360, I'll just rent it from GameFly when it's released.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
Fumbleumble said:
LMAO.

There's only one reason PC gamers aren't getting a demo...because they know it's crap. Console owners will buy any old shit, but a bad demo on the pc is death for a game.
LMAO at PC elitists.

Anyway, sounds awesome. I loved the first one so I already have Dead Space 2 reserved, but I will definitely still check this demo out.

mdkcde

Nov 18, 2009
Bah, PC gamers Pirate before playing nowadays. That is why I bought Dead Space and not Resident Evil 5 in the first place.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Hmm hopefully the necromorph will come in larger numbers and try and surround you, not just launch at you from the front. Also i saw that playing dead move again, damnit developers, it worked once, it was good, now everyone expects it, if you feel like providing shock you have to think outside the box.

Looks good so far though.

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
the demo is what got me into dead space so the demo for 2 will be a nice refresher and if it's decent enough I'll probably pick up 2 when it comes out. as for the pc not getting a demo I feel for you guys but at least you get patches half the time console games never get patched.