Batman Shows His Annoyed Face in Arkham City Teaser

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Batman Shows His Annoyed Face in Arkham City Teaser

Batman: Arkham City's latest teaser shows off a bothered Batman and an organized enemy.

A brand new Batman: Arkham City [http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291839823&sr=8-1] trailer debuted on MSN Games today, a few days ahead of a more official reveal at the Spike TV VGAs on December 11. While it's incredibly short, it seems to hint that the super villain hunter has now become the hunted.

It opens with a member of a well-equipped attack squad telling someone that his team thought it had trapped Batman "trapped." It then shows what happens when you think this, with Batman swooping in and uppercutting the team in the face.

It's not much to go on, but combined with the other elements revealed from Arkham City the teaser points to a tough situation for Batman in the game. Arkham City takes place in an enclosed portion of Gotham City which the mayor uses as a prison instead of the overflowing Arkham Asylum or other incarceration facilities. The area is run by a mercenary group called Tyger that presumably keeps everything in order.

Batman has to enter Arkham City to take care of a situation involving Two-Face and Catwoman, but he could end up trapped between a two-faced rock and a mercenary hard place. According to what we see in this new trailer, Batman might have to face both the criminals inside of Arkham City along with the forces of Tyger. With both an orthodox and unorthodox group of foes, it looks like Batman is in two heaps of trouble in Arkham City. More information is likely to be revealed at the VGAs.

On another note, the CGI is top-notch here, so Rocksteady must be upping its game to outdo previous effort Batman: Arkham Asylum [http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Game-Xbox-360/dp/B003C1I0CO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291840695&sr=8-2]. Batman's rain-soaked, annoyed face at the end of the trailer definitely looks great from a technical standpoint. Arkham City is scheduled for release in fall 2011.

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
I'm looking forward to this, but I'll probably pick it up when there's a price drop. The first one I felt was too short and I would have been annoyed had I bought it day 1.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Well if they carry on all the good parts of Arkham asylum then i will be happy as i loved that game.Well the teaser is cool but too short to really show us much except trying to trap batman is a bad idea did we not already know that.

But august next year? they are making out like it going to come out next march damn them.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Was that CGI or real action? Looked so good
Indeed, I thought it was real action at first. This is one of those games where I can immediately feel its going to be brilliant. Dont think Ill be wrong either with how its starting to look.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm sooo looking forward to this. Arkham Asylum was a near perfect game according to me, I really loved it. It'll be interesting to see if they can improve it even further.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Can't wait, bought the first one special edition day one and haven't had a single regret.

I even had Steve Blum sign my Batarang!

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
a mercenary hard place
Heh heh heh.

Oh I'm so mature

OP: I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully the boss fights are a bit better than the first game.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Arkham Asylum's quality really took me by surprise. It was easily the best game of 2009, in my opinion, and I can't wait to see what Rocksteady does with the next one. The only thing I really didn't like in the Arkham Asylum was the detective mode. It was overpowered and there was really no reason to turn it off, so hopefully they nerf it or do away with it altogether in Arkham City.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I wonder if the game would sell better if they called it by its proper name, Batman Beats Up Those Annoying Pricks From Call of Duty.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Distorted Stu said:
Was that CGI or real action? Looked so good
When still it is hard to tell. Talking will give it away though: be it a slightly off way the mouth deforms, or the lack of clustering from underlying facial muscles.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
This is going to have to be an automatic buy for me. The first game was just so good! (IMO of course)