Storm and C. Viper Zap Into Marvel vs. Capcom 3

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Storm and C. Viper Zap Into Marvel vs. Capcom 3

The weather-warping X-Man and the double-agent street fighter will be bumping heads in Capcom's crossover brawler.

Last month, we learned that there were ten characters yet to be announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105731-Ten-Unannounced-Fighters-Waiting-for-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3] for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It looks like that number is now down to eight, as Capcom has revealed one new fighter from each the Marvel and Capcom side of things.

On the Marvel side, we have weather goddess/mutant Storm, a fan favorite character in MVC2 by virtue of being ridiculously overpowered. She'll be facing off against Street Fighter's C. Viper, a secret agent who made her debut in last year's Street Fighter IV. Viper's swanky business suit conceals several sneaky combat gadgets including an electric zapper, meaning that both of these new battle-ready ladies are ready to bring the thunder.

From the character reveals posted above, both C. Viper and Storm look like they'd be pretty fun to play, but I'm leaning more in the direction of Ms. Viper than ol' Ororo. I mean, Tony Stark takes advantage of the pre-battle quotes to hit on her - isn't that worth something?

Though I have to admit, the idea of playing an all-divine team of Storm, Thor and Amaterasu is pretty enticing. I can't lie.

Marvel 3 is out in February.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Holy crap, I didn't realize Wesker was in it! I'm so getting this!

And Storm is one of my favorite MvC characters :-D

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I see C. Viper being somewhat controversal, as not many people (from what I understand) actually liked her being included in SF4.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Oh, wow! C. Viper now makes her first appearance in a Capcom vs. crossover. And her entrance in this game is way better than the one(s) in SF IV. Also, is it me or are some of her special moves too bright (the fire)?

And Storm makes a return. Oh, lord. I'm starting to see flashbacks of Storm users online in MvC 2.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Out of all the Street Fighter characters they go with C. Viper? *Watches video*

Ok she seems fine, but I still say they should of choose someone else. I also pray the AI doesn't spam that ground slam attack like in SF4.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Storm doesn't suprise me but at least she wearing her current clothing in the comicbook.
C. Viper on the other hand is it's cool that they putting the newer Street Fighter chracter into it but I was hoping that it was Juri Han instead of C. Viper.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm cool with Viper. I really like her fighting style. Kinda like a mage, as a fighting game would do it.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Ok, I now have my second themed team of 3.
Viper, Storm and Thor.
Bring tha thundah!

8 more to go...

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
For some reason, I really liked Storm's last 2 quotes. Course the music also helps a lot.

And lol at Iron Man with C.Viper. Sadly, it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm not really into fighting games that much, but Marvel vs. Capcom 3 looks to be pretty exciting!

metal eslaved

Sep 9, 2010
i wish they put the black panther and the taskmaster please marvel im begging you and storm is really just bring bad memories of playing online mvc2

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Hell yes, Crimson Viper!

Also, I have to quote Spoony's review of X3:

Spoony said:
Storm's real name is Ororo, the kind of name her parents should have re-thought. Nobody can say "Ororo" and not look like a complete dork. "Ororo" sounds like my car in the winter when it the engine won't roll over.
EDIT: Storm vs Chris Redfield? Well this isn't the first time he spent a day beating up Africans.

[small]Zing![/small]

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Cool. Viper's got a very unique fighting style, she's a welcome addition to the roster. Also, did she just Focus Attack through Wolverine's Berserker Barrage? Awesome. I love it when Vs. characters get moves that reference the games they're from, like Mega Man's ability to switch between Rock Ball, Leaf Shield and Tornado Hold.

THEoriginalBRIEN

Aug 23, 2010
I'm still pretty excited about this game, but I can't see my self wanting to play as half the people on the Marvel side of the roster.

X-23? Dormammu? MODOK?

I mean come on, MODOK of all things should be a discount DLC character, not in our starting lineup.

Where's Cyclops? Venom? Carnage? Maybe a Goblin or two? Miss Marvel? Hawkeye/Ronin? Daredevil?

There's so many great characters to choose from, and they stick us with some of their latest movie properties and an apparent nonsense grab bag for the rest.

The whole DLC thing wouldn't bother me at all if they at least packaged a solid roster with the game, but this is just ridiculous.

Storm is a welcome addition though :)

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
So how many Gods are in this game now? I thought GODS WERE IMMORTAL! On topic I actually think C.Viper is a welcome addition, even if she did just get slashed a dozen times by Wolverine and just instantly countered it with a focus attack.