Destroying Killing Floor's Mecha-Santa Army Awards TF2 Items

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Destroying Killing Floor's Mecha-Santa Army Awards TF2 Items

Snowmen aren't as cheery when they're trying to snowball you to death.

Killing Floor [http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Floor-Pc/dp/B002IYR0KO] developer Tripwire Interactive is getting into the holiday spirit by holding a Christmas event for all players of its co-op, survival horror shooter. The catch is that it's a Twisted Christmas event, but it still features wonderful gifts for all.

In the land of Killing Floor, Santa's workshop is an evil lair, and promotional material [http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/xmas/] shows Santa himself as a terrible cyborg. His helpers are the game's "specimen" enemies, with the gang made up of homicidal elves, giant nutcrackers that will chomp your limbs off, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Crawlers, Mrs. Claws, and an evil Jack Frost just for the hell of it. These creatures might have cute voices, but they'll disembowel you at a moment's notice.

All of these monstrosities can be found on Killing Floor's brand new map, Santa's Evil Lair. The Twisted Christmas event will run from December 14 to January 4 and will add 13 brand new achievements. Players that can get 10 of these achievements and beat Santa's Evil Lair on any difficulty other than easy will unlock a unique playable character: the Baddest Santa.

Tripwire also has more gifts to give during the event, and they both involve Team Fortress 2 [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PS2XES/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00002S9ZV&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=16DRZSS5QK4SZAS7Z21S]. All owners of Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor during the event will get a playable red or blue Team Fortress 2-themed Pyro character to use in Killing Floor. Anyone that already owns Team Fortress 2 and purchases Killing Floor before the beginning of the promotion will get a Mr. Fosters Gas Mask and Tie item to equip on their Pyro in Team Fortress 2.

Team Fortress 2 items really are the "in" thing to give away this holiday season, with Valve also awarding free TF2 hats to participants in the Steam Treasure Hunt [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105898-Steam-Begins-Treasure-Hunt-for-Free-Games-and-Team-Fortress-2-Hats]. They're a nice bonus, but with Mecha-Santa involved, this Killing Floor event could definitely have stood on its own.

Thanks for the tip Therandombear [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/therandombear]!

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
And just to clarify: If you already own Killing Floor and Team Fortress 2, you have everything you need to to get all the unlockables.

The Gas Mask and Tie are not only for new purchasers.

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
insanelich said:
And just to clarify: If you already own Killing Floor and Team Fortress 2, you have everything you need to to get all the unlockables.

The Gas Mask and Tie are not only for new purchasers.
I was just going to ask that, thanks for the clarification.

I wonder how hard the achievements are going to be to get. I'm going to need to organize a LAN party at work for this... after finals though.

Feb 13, 2008
Killing Floor. One of the few games that shows English people as they really are.

Hold still, I'm trying to heal you, not shag you.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Cool. I think I'll play KF a bit just for kicks while this event runs. :eek:

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
God.. no more external TF2 shit. Release the stuff for the game *in.the.game*

You make a store, add some stuff, then never add anything worthwhile, instead sending people to hunt achievements, or buy L4D clones, or shitty RTS games..

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Baneat said:

You make a store, add some stuff, then never add anything worthwhile, instead sending people to hunt achievements, or buy L4D clones, or shitty RTS games..
Obviously someone who has never played the game. Trust me, if you're coming in expecting L4D Unreal Engine Edition, you'll be very disappointed.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Delusibeta said:
Baneat said:

Obviously someone who has never played the game. Trust me, if you're coming in expecting L4D Unreal Engine Edition, you'll be very disappointed.
I'm not dropping £15 on the risk of it being another shoot as many zombies as you find.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Wait, so I don't get the TF2 mask unless I buy ANOTHER copy of Killing Floor?

That's fucking stupid.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Flying-Emu said:

That's fucking stupid.
Uhh... no... If you DO already have Killing Floor, you WILL get the new hats for TF2 and all of the other goodies for KF.

I'm looking forward to kill that Jack Frost =)

Feb 13, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Nope, if you own both, you get both. If you just own KF, you get the Xmas bits anyway.

Especially as there is a KF Escapist UK server. Buzz the TF2 admin [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC] and we can even set up some dedicated games :)

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Killing Floor. One of the few games that shows English people as they really are.

Hold still, I'm trying to heal you, not shag you.
I've never played the game, but by God the lines in it are hilarious.
This isn't the first time the two have been mixed together [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqcgeOn1mfA] either.

"Benefits check. Benefits check. Benefits check."

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Baneat said:
Delusibeta said:
Baneat said:

I'm not dropping £15 on the risk of it being another shoot as many zombies as you find.
Nah, it's a "shoot this many zombies with your team, find trader to stock up, face the next wave" type game. Surprisingly good, in my opinion. And anyway, the retail version can be found for about £8 online, and it's highly likely there will be at the very least an offer on it during the Steam Christmas Sale.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Delusibeta said:
Baneat said:
Delusibeta said:
Baneat said:

Nah, it's a "shoot this many zombies with your team, find trader to stock up, face the next wave" type game. Surprisingly good, in my opinion. And anyway, the retail version can be found for about £8 online, and it's highly likely there will be at the very least an offer on it during the Steam Christmas Sale.
I pledge to buy it if it goes around or under five then. If it's bought online for eight, does it link right into steam a la MW2? that's a big thing for me, being able to have everything in one place.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Most likely be on sale, steam we talking about xP

I'll be honest, not really fond of the gasmask for pyro, or maybe you can paint it....would be fun, golden pyro mask with matching tie ;)