Wolverine Co-Stars In New Film With Rock-'Em Sock-'Em Robots

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Wolverine Co-Stars In New Film With Rock-'Em Sock-'Em Robots

The trailer for Real Steel came out today, satisfying the growing public outcry to see actor Hugh Jackman train a boxing robot.

Real Steel, the latest project from director Shawn Levy (Night At The Museum, Date Night) released a teaser trailer today. The film stars Hugh Jackman, who will follow Real Steel with another crack at Wolverine.

Like the 1963 Twilight Zone episode "Steel," Real Steel is based on the 1956 short story "Steel" by Richard Matheson. The film tells the story of a world in which boxing has fallen to robots, and Jackman will play a former boxer who turns trainer to one of these rock-'em sock-'ems.

Keep a sharp eye on the trailer to catch Lost alumni Evangeline Lilly (Kate) and Kevin Durand (Martin Keamy).

Real Steel has a scheduled release date of October 7, 2011.

Source: Tor [http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/12/trailer-real-steel]

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Sober Thal said:
I just can't believe this. Why, oh why world, would you want to make this movie?
Two words: Robots. Fighting.
Robots NOT fighting with chainsaws or other awesome weapons. I'm pretty sure the whole point of the original story was that the robot boxer eventually becomes outmoded and just can't fight revealing that things didn't actually change for boxers.

Also Real Steel is a retarded name.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Serious WTF is this raging Bots? I assuming that it must be so far into the future that making a robot is so dull that making them fight each other is the only interesting thing to do with robots.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Sober Thal said:
I just can't believe this. Why, oh why world, would you want to make this movie?
Yeah, but in a ring? Who cares?

When I watch robots fighting, I wanna see 'm throw cars and smash through buildings, not fight in a ring.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Damn, I was hoping it was actually Wolverine with actual Rock-'em Sock-'em Robots. That's disappointing.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Didnt you hear? they're making I think four hasbro games into movies. I know the other one is Battleships.

I always dislike titles like this. It makes me think Wolverine the character will be in it. Hugh Jackman had done other movies you know. As for the movie... I'm not expecting much. I know hte episode of The Twilight Zone its talking about, and I've seen it (I watch alot of old TV and Scifi channel), and to me that, that will always be the best telling of the essential story here. Besides... unless a human gets into the ring or has to fight these robots when they go mad, its not that interesting. I mean... yeah, its cool when Robots fight each other while humans struggle for survival, but not for entertainment like this.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
sheic99 said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Sober Thal said:
And Micheal Bay has yet to figure that one out.
You'd think he would have, had he seen the Transformers animated movie.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Crowd... crowd never changes.

I don't know this looks pretty stupid to me, a way to cash in on transformers' popularity (yeah it may be based on an old short story but how come it's coming out at this exact time).

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Looks... interesting... I guess...

I went slack-jawed when I read the Rock-'Em Sock-'Em robots title. I literally thought they made a movie adaptation of the first button mashing Red vs Blue, plastic robot game.

Was it just me, or did Hugh Jackman with a haircut look like Robert Downey Jr.?

DSK-

May 13, 2010
sheic99 said:
DSK- said:
sheic99 said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Sober Thal said:
And Micheal Bay has yet to figure that one out.
You'd think he would have, had he seen the Transformers animated movie.
At least he got Optimus Prime sacrificing his self correct.
Touche my good man, touche :)

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
rock em sock em...
say what??

but yay for jackman I guess

edit: *watches trailer* YAY HUGH JACKMAN