Marvel Studios Bringing Ant-Man, Maybe Punisher to Life

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Marvel Studios Bringing Ant-Man, Maybe Punisher to Life

Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, recently gave an interview to the internet, and said a very little about a whole lot.

The L.A. Times recently hosted Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, in an online chat. Users asked him about upcoming and current productions, and while he didn't reveal any big spoilers, Feige did give a heads-up on smaller details and upcoming projects. In terms of in-movie detail, expect to see Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man in a new suit in The Avengers. Feige joshed, "Joss [Whedon, director of The Avengers] would kill me if I gave anything away," but then went on to say the suit would continue to evolve. In Thor, audiences will see what Feige relays as, "the best romantic chemistry in a Marvel movie" between Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth. Apologies there to Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner (Daredevil).

Feige also touched on upcoming projects, but did so very cautiously. He said Edgar Wright's (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) Ant-Man was going to be one of the four films "tak[ing] up the next year of [his] life" (the other three being The Avengers, The Runaways, and Iron Man 3). When asked about the Punisher, Feige confirmed "he's back in the house," but neglected to specify whether he was in the movie room, or the TV room, or just languishing in the basement.

Most disappointing was Feige's passive consent that either Marvel's not developing any female superhero projects, or that they're under real tight wraps. When a fan asked if we'd see any non-Black Widow women under the Marvel banner anytime soon, Feige evaded, "I love female heroes too and would love to bring many more to the big screen in the future."

You think when he said, "many," he meant, "any?"

Source: Collider [http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/12/09/friday-live-chat-marvel-studios-chief-kevin-feige-answers-your-questions/]

image [http://marvel.com/images/gallery/movie/130/images_from_iron_man_2/image/414546]

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
He said Edgar Wright's (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) Ant-Man was going to be one of the four films "tak[ing] up the next year of [his] life" (the other three being The Avengers, The Runaways, and Iron Man 3).
He said Edgar Wright's (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) Ant-Man
He said Edgar Wright's
Edgar Wright
Old meme is old, but I do have to say: Good call.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Is it wrong I liked The Punisher film with Thomas Jane in it? I always thought it was rather good, but have heard mixed reactions from true fans of the series. Also, surely Edgar Wright deserves Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz credits over Scott Pilgrim ones. I mean SotD/HF is what hes primarily known for I'd say.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
Most disappointing was Feige's passive consent that either Marvel's not developing any female superhero projects, or that they're under real tight wraps. When a fan asked if we'd see any non-Black Widow women under the Marvel banner anytime soon, Feige evaded, "I love female heroes too and would love to bring many more to the big screen in the future."
I don't care what anyone says when I say fingers crossed for She-Hulk =D

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
I think what he meant with The Punisher "being back" was just comic book wise. Because Marvel will never give a franchise thats so off-geek-mainstream(read: flashy costumes and super powers) like The Punisher a big budget and since a PG-13 version wouldn't work, not in the cinemas and surely not on TV, they won't give him the time of day. The only way The Punisher could really work would be a hard-R series on STARZ, Showtime or HBO but i don't see that ever happen.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
The Imp said:
I think what he meant with The Punisher "being back" was just comic book wise. Because Marvel will never give a franchise thats so off-geek-mainstream(read: flashy costumes and super powers) like The Punisher a big budget and since a PG-13 version wouldn't work, not in the cinemas and surely not on TV, they won't give him the time of day. The only way The Punisher could really work would be a hard-R series on STARZ, Showtime or HBO but i don't see that ever happen.
Nah, he is talking about the movie license (since The Punisher comics never left the Marvel house). If you look at the highlights on Collider, he does say they are open to making an R-rated movie with The Punisher, citing a previous, trench coat-wearing Marvel character as a precedent ("Blade was a great franchise for us").

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
I hope there's more female super hero movies to come. They deserve their own screen time.

lAljax

Dec 2, 2010
Kmadden2004 said:
The Imp said:
Nah, he is talking about the movie license (since The Punisher comics never left the Marvel house). If you look at the highlights on Collider, he does say they are open to making an R-rated movie with The Punisher, citing a previous, trench coat-wearing Marvel character as a precedent ("Blade was a great franchise for us").
the punisher is a great character... i dare anyone to read "up is down, black is white" or "the slavers" and dislike it, if super heroes are meant to be the extreme of human condition (meaning that, they have bigger relationship problems, identity problems...), then the punisher is among those the most extreme, over the edge character, on the entire marvel universe

despite the loss of uncle ben by peter parker, or thor being cast out of vahalla, iron mand hitting the bottle, notinhg compares to this man who survived hell, only to findo everything he fought for was dead...

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
NeedAUserName said:
Is it wrong I liked The Punisher film with Thomas Jane in it? I always thought it was rather good, but have heard mixed reactions from true fans of the series. Also, surely Edgar Wright deserves Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz credits over Scott Pilgrim ones. I mean SotD/HF is what hes primarily known for I'd say.
I loved it, even though Travolta was a shitty villain, it was still fun. I didn't see War Zone because it didn't have Thomas Jane in it. -shrug- I heard it was awful anyway.

But, really, they should stop with the Punishner nonsense. They've had three movies and all of them have failed. Just move on and make a better Daredevil movie or something.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
How about they do another Daredevil movie? They have the 3 Punisher movies, why not give DD a sequel? (NO, Elektra doesn't count!)

Also, will Ant-Man be coming out in 2012 before the Avengers, or after it? There's plenty of things Ant-Man could contribute to the Avengers movie.

Finally, I'm looking forward to the Runaways movie. I liked the concept of the comics. Hopefully it will be good.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah, I cant help but feel the house of mouse's influence in regards to Marvel manifesting more and more each year. Feels like it wont be long before any hint of what made marvel good will be polished and shined away with that all too familiar luster.

Its a shame too, but meh, I guess I perfer DC anyway.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
The first punisher movie was..Okay. Too pg13 for a punisher movie. Loved the excessive attention he put into absolutly destroying the mobsters life though.

As for Warzone, never saw it, but - Days of Revenge is the best punisher song -ever-.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
well heres hopes that if they do do a punisher movie they would get some1 that looks angry and is well known

As for female heroes, if they can find a proper actress with the proper set of cans to fill out the (nerb borner giving) marvel costumes im all for it!

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
NeedAUserName said:
I thought The thomas jane version was good

not quite as dark as the actul punnisher but it was good

John travolta as Howard Saint was perfect