Question of the Day, December 14, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, December 14, 2010

Yesterday, we got our first real look [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106087-New-Pirates-Movie-Has-Zombies-Scary-Mermaids] at the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. What sayest thou, audience?

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
I think the fact that Orlando Bloom isn't in this one is a selling point in its favor.

However, it just feels like their stretching out now. The only thing I have to look forward to in it, is Ian McShane as freaking Blackbeard.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Its not a Pirates anymore, its simply this:

[HEADING=2]THE ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW[/HEADING]

Infact they should of name dit along those lines. I miss knightly ;_;

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
I voted for other, in this case:

"What? New Pirates of the Caribbean?"

Apparently I spent the last couple of days under a rock, and I don't know anything about it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
"Really? Another one?"

The first one was quite good. The other two were quite... watchable.

But a forth one... eh. I'll probably see it anyway. Once it's in the DVD bargain bin.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I find movies tend to get worse with each successive sequel...

Pirates of the Caribbean is a perfect example...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'm hoping this is going to be a big improvement over the last one. I can hope, anyway.

It looks decent enough right now though.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
There are a few series where the sequels have actually ruined my ability to appreciate the original film(s).

- Pirates of the Carri bean
- Matrix
- The original Starwars

The problem is the sequels make me see in the original films whatever misguided direction the filmmakers originally had and I lose the ability to see what actually made them fun.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Meh indeed. Thought they wrapped up nicely in the last movie but i guess you cant stop until you really bleed the cash cow to death.

I'll probably still pay to see this XD

Serum211

Sep 28, 2009
Bloom and Knightly is'nt in it. That will make it a lot better. I will probably go watch, after I have heard what Bob has to say about it.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Just keep the focus on Jack Sparrow, keep the movie fun, and you can't go wrong. That's where Pirates 2 and 3 failed.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
ThatLankyBastard said:
I find movies tend to get worse with each successive sequel...

Pirates of the Caribbean is a perfect example...
I have never heard of this new movie but even though this went downhill there are some jewels, Toy story was a prime example. It depends if they do it because they think people will just pay to see it, or if they do it to please the audience.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I think this film will be awesome. The first one was, and Jack Sparrow is what made the other 2 so good. I think pushing Bloom's and Knighly's characters out was a very good idea. They were pretty good characters, but they just got a little annoying after 3 films... Jack Sparrow on the other hand... He is still awesome.

EDIT: After watching the trailer, I realise its a different director, which could be bad, and also Keef Richards looks like he's gonna have a bigger role, which is good...

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Until this moment I've been living with the thought that the third Pirates of The Caribbean was the last. I had no clue whatsoever.

I did like At World's End. As well as the other two.

EDIT: Oh, there's no Keira Knightley... I'm not interested anymore.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
It actually looks quite good.

Seems fairly fresh, and as long as it has Depp in it, there's only one recurring character necessary.