Walking Dead's Gruesome Zombie Kills Condensed Into One Minute

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Walking Dead's Gruesome Zombie Kills Condensed Into One Minute

If the only interest you have in AMC's Walking Dead is to watch zombies die, just view this video and be done with it.

***SPOILER ALERT***: This post and video may spoil sections of The Walking Dead.

A new video helps to prove that AMC's The Walking Dead is primarily about its human characters rather than just the zombies. The recently released clip pieces together every zombie death in the show's first season and clocks in at just over 1 minute.

Most of the video is the very first zombie death in the show, and part of The Walking Dead's opening scene, where main character Rick Grimes puts a big hole in the head of an undead little girl. It was a shocking way to start the series, but after watching the rest of the show I feel pretty desensitized by now. Whatever the shell, I accept that zombies must be sent to their second grave so humanity can survive, and you should too.

The clip includes 42 total zombie re-deaths and a few scenes that spoil some of the events in The Walking Dead, so don't say I didn't warn you. This equals around 7 zombie murders per episode thanks to AMC's short order of only six episodes for The Walking Dead's debut. Divided by an hour and subtracting the commercials, that's something like one kill every 7 minutes. With billions of zombies in the world, you'd think more would need their heads axed.

I'm predicting that the version of this video covering Walking Dead's second season will be much longer, not only because AMC ordered 13 episodes this time, but because the first season of The Walking Dead was primarily about the show's survivors getting acclimated to the zombie plague and not necessarily annihilating it. I mean, nobody even touched an Uzi or a rocket launcher in season 1, and every good zombie show has its characters coming across an overly destructive arsenal at some point (not just a gym bag full of guns). Mark my words, zombies are in for some trouble in season 2, and thanks to AMC's gruesome special effects crew it won't be pretty.

Source: Collider [http://www.collider.com/2010/12/13/every-zombie-death-the-walking-dead/]

hydroblitz

May 15, 2009
Good show. I cant wait for the obligatory "there is no cure" moment, then they start the extermination.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
"Short order of only six episodes for The Walking Dead's debut." Short for Americans maybe, but perfect sized series for us Brits. 13 episode series is *big* for us.

We need more zombie headshots!

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Looking at the kills more closely, the blood looks like CGI, so it kinda makes the show worse in my eyes, but just a little bit

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
I don't know if they're going to get bigger guns, but their probably will be more zombie deaths. In the comic, at least, they like to do this thing where they show everyone firing getting a kill panel by panel, so I would expect a lot of teamwork to come.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Goddamn! I've been trying to watch this show but i can't find what channel it's on!

... and that little clip just made me want to watch it even more...

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
No it's not very likely that they'll get much more firepower but some episodes will probably feature more zombiefights. But yeah... don't expect too much. The story in the comic focuses allot on the humans and how they adapt to this new world rather then focusing on the zombies.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Goddamn! I've been trying to watch this show but i can't find what channel it's on!
Just FYI, if you're in America, you can't get it off of standard cable.

OT: That's pretty cool. 1 minute of my life well spent! :D

NoDamnNames

Feb 25, 2009
It might have been over one minute if EVERY ZOMBIE KILL WAS INCLUDED.

I noticed a few that were not included from episode 2 and 5

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Sn1P3r M98 said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
Just FYI, if you're in America, you can't get it off of standard cable.

OT: That's pretty cool. 1 minute of my life well spent! :D
Well, on the US it's being aired on AMC and to my understanding, it's a basic cable channel and for us latin americans it's being aired at Fox.

Amazing series, I can't wait until some mayor shit happening on the comics comes true on the TV series. I won't say anything because those may be considered mayor spoilers, but just so you know, many new characters, just as important, if not even more so, than Rick are coming and some of the group we already know won't make it...

And... yeah... I want to see bigger guns for teh zombehz¡¡¡

Nakovalen

Oct 19, 2008
Pugiron said:
286 minutes of show = 1 minute of zombie kills. I think the fans have a pretty lightweight, lame and wimpy deffinition of "Awesome".
Awesome as in "uber pwn explosions headshots and chainsaws"....
or awesome as in "awe inspiring and excellence".

Don't expect much more zombie killing in the series. Expect more characters dieing.

Aegwadar

Apr 2, 2009
NoDamnNames said:
It might have been over one minute if EVERY ZOMBIE KILL WAS INCLUDED.

I noticed a few that were not included from episode 2 and 5
Thank you for also noticing that. Actually another missing from 4 as well, the Zed that bit Amy and was killed by Jim.

Other then that. Sick video.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Ehh, I very much dislike the amount of respect this show is getting.

C'mon guys, it does absolutely nothing new, and the things it copies from other series aren't great.

Perhaps I need to read this book so I can get a better understanding of why it is loved.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the show, but I just think that it could have been better.

Also; Is the first season over or something, because there was no episode on Sunday (unless I am mistaken)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I love how everyone is an expert fuckin' marksman, netting headshots left and right while in a dead run.

Also, I'm loving that cute silenced 'pew X3' Grimes' magnum is making.

[/sarcasm]