Wolverine Jumps Off Opera House, Just to Get Close to Oprah

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Wolverine Jumps Off Opera House, Just to Get Close to Oprah

Actor Hugh Jackman nearly took his head off trying to get to Oprah's stage.

In celebration of her talk show's 25th and final season, Oprah Winfrey famously surprised an audience with a trip to Australia, and had Australian actor Hugh Jackman as a guest on one of these on-location episodes. Jackman made a grand entrance, zooming onto the set from a giant zipline, and ended the trip with a collision and an eye injury.

The episode was taped outside the Sydney Opera House, and Jackman's aerial journey began at the top of one of the House's iconic sails. The actor appeared in fine form zooming towards the stage, but didn't apply the brakes in time, and crashed face-first into the lights rigged around the set.

Filming of the episode paused for a few minutes while paramedics tended to Jackman's injury, and someone was kind enough to get the guy a glass of red wine. He was not seriously injured, and was able to see the humor in the incident, joking, "That was so much fun until the end."

Local funnyman Dave Hughes remarked, "this is how much we love Oprah, we'll take our most handsome, intelligent man and we'll chuck him off the Opera House."

Source: The New York Times ArtsBeat Blog [http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iZt_D2pPxvTbHxcqoNQ86n7z20lA?docId=N0137421292324772459A]

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
To quote Justin Bieber "Ouch, that didn't feel good."

He (Jackman) handled it pretty well.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Know what, In the comics he regenerated his whole body from a tiny piece of flesh. He can walk this one off.

Side note 1000th post!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
LogicNProportion said:
I know this will probably get me on probation...but...I have to:

lolwut?
Why would that put you on probation? It was an honest and [insert other word] comment on the news. I too would've gone lolwut if you hadn't done it first ;)

OT: Hugh can handle it, after being blown to bits with shotgun and what-not other explosives :p

Off-topic, Huzzah, final season of Oprah.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
tellmeimaninja said:
Pfft. Have you seen Hugh Jackman? I find it hard to believe that he can feel pain.
Fun fact:
Hugh Jackman can actually feel pain. Just not his own.

But seriously, Jackman > Oprah.
She should be the one jumping of buildings to appease the mighty Australian.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Glad he's okay and was able to joke about it. I still had to facepalm in the video where they said that someone was right there to tweet it. God, I hate these people who think the first thing to do in such a situation is grab their stupid smartphone and start tweeting.

TheAmazingHobo said:
Fun fact:
Hugh Jackman can actually feel pain. Just not his own.

But seriously, Jackman > Oprah.
She should be the one jumping of buildings to appease the mighty Australian.
So, Hugh Jackman is the new Chuck Norris? Sounds good to me.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I think the reporter said "handsome and talented" rather than "intelligent".

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
Local news anchor Dave Hughes remarked, "this is how much we love Oprah, we'll take our most handsome, intelligent man and we'll chuck him off the Opera House."
I'd just like to point out that Dave Hughes isn't a reporter, he's a comedian. This clip is from a panel show on Channel 10 called the 7pm project. Just sayin'. ;)

OT: That's what I love about Hugh Jackman, he could slice through his own leg with a chainsaw and still find a funny side.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
"He was not seriously injured, and was able to see the humor in the incident, joking, "That was so much fun until the end."

This guy's a total lad, so much fun...until the end haha

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sorry even though I like Hugh Jackman but I just got say "What an idiot!!!" (I meant it in a joking kind of way). Didn't he practise it or he didn't practice it enough?