Everyday Cosplay

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
I bought a Parka cause it made me look like Scott Pilgrim.

A few people have commented on this actually.

Sadly it isn't blue :(

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Guys, LISTEN TO THIS GIRL, wear suits more often :)

I have this Iron Man t-shirt a friend got me, it has all the different iron man armours running down it, which totals about about 75 different ones, I love wearing it under a zip up jacket and when people see like the top few and go ''Nice Iron Man shirt'' I slowly unzip the jacket and see their jaws drop, it's highly satisfying :D

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
I have one request for the gentlemen readers. If you're thinking of utilizing this approach, and consider channeling Bruce Wayne, do not use Batman: The Animated Series as your guide. I'm all for guys in suits, but brown double-breasted suits with yellow shirts are never advisable.
HAHAHA! Being that is my favorite Batman series on TV, that is a good point which I haven't noticed to think about till you pointed that out.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Ihave this shirt, which always tells me who's played Persona. Its kinda nice for a role call kinda feel

http://i.yai.bz/assets/99/497/l_p1004849799.jpg

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
I have a striped scarf that makes me feel a little more magical every time I wear it. Especially since it's in my school's colors.

Aug 25, 2009
I have:

A full Max Payne outfit, which to most people just looks like a leather jacket over a white T and Haiwain(I can't spell it) shirt. Which is what it was when I bought it but hey.

Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood fame. Including the most awesome blue military great coat

Tenth Doctor brown jacket and variety of suits (I wore this look twice a week for a whole term of high school and no one noticed)

Plus others, including Indiana Jones (complete with hat) and a suit/hat combo much like the descriptions of Skulduggery Pleasant.

I buy clothes mostly at random, but every so often I'll see soemthing and think 'If I wore that with this jacket I already have, I'd look like...' and buy it.

And I Everyday Cosplay as often as I can, mainly because a lot of fictional characters dress really nicely, so you have two positives:

1. People think you dress very well
2. You can identify a nerd immediatly because they recognise that you're dressed like an obscure videogame character.

The Shade of Time

Nov 22, 2008
You know i've never thought of the casual cosplay 'till now, but i'm more into JRPGs ...although I am a hairdresser.

I think i'm going to have fun at work tomorrow.

Update: It was Awesome

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
I've got a replica of the tenth Doctor's overcoat and I love wearing that thing, even though no one recognizes it.

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
<
I specialize in sneaky cosplay. Want to join me?
I suspect we have a closet LARPer. Join us...
LARPing is right what my mind jumped to also. I dated a girl who was a LARPer some years ago and I remember the incredible levels of detail she would go to in order to add subtle layers to whatever she was wearing to one of the games.

I always was pretty amused by it, for a while she was playing as a Nosferatu(sneaky vampire but really unskilled socially) who was disguised as a Ventrue(high society vampire) so she could infiltrate the local leaders. She'd get ready as if she were going somewhere formal, evening dress, hair and makeup done, all that, but then she'd put on something like tennis shoes with oddly colored miss-matched socks to give that small undercurrent that she didn't know what she was doing.

Small touches that I'm sure most people didn't notice but added a lot to the character.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Who is this "everyone's favorite former psychiatrist?" Only psychiatrist know to the great public I recall would be Dr. Phill (though I don't know wether he really has diploma, too lazy to google).

But on the topic I wear hats that I see in ganster movies.

Feb 13, 2008
Tarlane said:
I always was pretty amused by it, for a while she was playing as a Nosferatu(sneaky vampire but really unskilled socially) who was disguised as a Ventrue(high society vampire) so she could infiltrate the local leaders. She'd get ready as if she were going somewhere formal, evening dress, hair and makeup done, all that, but then she'd put on something like tennis shoes with oddly colored miss-matched socks to give that small undercurrent that she didn't know what she was doing.

Small touches that I'm sure most people didn't notice but added a lot to the character.
Oh, I could tell you exactly what shirts most of my Vampires would wear. And why Norman(Nosferatu) always wore that hideous 70s shirt.

Jason(Malkavian) was pretty normal, apart from that T-shirt that read "So many trees, so little napalm", and the fact he'd never look you in the eyes.

Or Rolento's(Giovanni) neatly pressed jeans. And his blood stained handkerchief (That wasn't real blood, I promise)

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I have one request for the gentlemen readers. If you're thinking of utilizing this approach, and consider channeling Bruce Wayne, do not use Batman: The Animated Series as your guide. I'm all for guys in suits, but brown double-breasted suits with yellow shirts are never advisable.
You can't even get the double breasted suits these days. Hell, I have enough trouble rocking
Why yes, that is the Hogwarts express behind that smug man
Why the hell are polos out of fashion for men?.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
A great one is Captain Hammer from Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog. I already wear boots and combat trousers so just add a Hammer T-Shirt, and BAM! I'm not as good looking as Nathan Fillion, but it's close enough that the ladies just can't help but swoon. And if they lucky they get to see my hammerThe Hammer is my penis.