Question of the Day, December 17, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, December 17, 2010

Fallout: New Vegas was a fantastic game marred by heavy bugs that for many rendered it all but unplayable. The patch that supposedly fixes these issues is now live [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106199-Dead-Money-Trailer-Revealed-New-Vegas-Patch-Completed] - are you more interested in getting the game now that it supposedly works for everyone?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I already had it, and got rid of it.

Didn't like it very much. Nothing to do with glitches.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I'm not interested enough in it to buy it just yet. I will do if I ever get bored with the games I currently have, though. I've heard good things about it despite the bugs.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'm gonna buy it when the price is down to 15£ or so. Never buy games at full price unless it's some game I'm dying to play.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Got the Collector's Edition for my birthday a few days ago, so I already have it, but I decided to wait for the patch to come out before starting a character. Pretty stable so far, but then I've only gotten to Primm.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Got the PC version on release day, haven't played it much on account of my PC being in a consistent state of grinding, hanging and generally being bloody annoying. My brother is getting me the 360 version for Christmas, as planned well before the patch.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
I think i can hold out till its on sale at STEAM. somewhere in the 50%-75% off. But then there should a GOTY edition right? ^-^

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
No option for, I have it and have already published mods for it fixing some of the bugs? :(

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Bought it on Steam couple weeks before it was published. Haven't played it too much yet, just a peek of ten hours or so.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I bought it release day and have 100% it (achievements).

I never had any game-breaking bugs, although I did have occasional crashes (saved a lot so not an issue).

The only larger bug I had was a companion who wasn't following me but counted as doing so (so I couldn't recruit a new one). That was annoying.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Patch or no patch, i'm not getting New Vegas because i'm just not that interested in playing it.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY/full edition with all the DLC integrated, AND a discount.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I already had it. Bugs were never that big of a problem for me, but I might start playing it again now that I know I won't run into anything that would make my game crash... hopefully.

WhosAWhatsIt

Dec 17, 2010
I got it on release day. Aside from a few minor issues, I didn't really experience the enormous amount of reported bugs. It's a great game, they just need to release DLC that will allow us to continue playing after the end game (IE Like Broken Steel)

tj236

Oct 6, 2010
This poll doesn't really make sense as most of the people that noticed the issues with game only noticed them because they had bought it already.

The patch will definitely help with gameplay, but I don't think I am going to be playing again for a while. I have already played through the game 3 times, glitches and all.

Side note, I saw the trailer for the new DLC coming out, Dead Money, and couldn't help but be reminded of the trailer for Brotherhood of Steel, which was probably the worst game ever. I know it won't be as bad as that, but seriously, didn't they realize this when they made that trailer?

Mar 30, 2010
Got it on release day and I've not really had issues with bugs - just the odd graphic glitch here and there for the most part. To be honest I'm looking forward more to the Dead Money DLC than this patch, simply because my 360 version has been perfectly playable.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't have any interest in new vegas. But I'm glad the patch is out, I just hope it actually does what they say it does.