Bulletstorm to Include First Taste of Gears of War 3

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Bulletstorm to Include First Taste of Gears of War 3

Anyone that purchases Bulletstorm's first edition on Xbox 360 will move to the front of the line to play Gears of War 3.

Epic might Gears of War 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105964-Epic-Deliberating-Over-Bulletstorm-Beta].

The Epic Edition evidently won't be a premium collector's edition, because it'll still be priced at $59.99, but will be a limited supply first print run instead. Of course, the offer is exclusive to the Xbox 360 version of Bulletstorm, because Gears of War is still an Xbox 360 exclusive franchise (though its first game also came to the PC). The Epic Edition will also include bonus Bulletstorm online content including 25,000 experience points, boots, armor, a weapon called the Peace Maker Carbine, and a visual upgrade for the game's leash.

Bulletstorm is being developed by People Can Fly of Painkiller [http://www.amazon.com/Painkiller-Gold-Pc/dp/B0008G2B7Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1292605927&sr=8-5] fame, and it really looks like a blast. It adds an element of Tony Hawk to the shooter genre, tasking players to kills enemies with style for point-boosting combos, instead of just unleashing automatic weaponry on everything.

A similar promotion was run in early 2007 with the release of Halo 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Crackdown-Xbox-360/dp/B000HCQK0A/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292606073&sr=1-1], and it was a big success. Crackdown was a fun game that deserved a look from gamers that might have skipped it otherwise, and Bulletstorm looks like it'll be of similar quality, so maybe this promotion will be as successful for the upcoming frantic shooter.

Bulletstorm will be released on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on February 22, 2011 (NA), and February 25, 2011 (EU).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I was gonna get it for PS3, but hey, I guess it's the 360 version for me after all.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
So you have to buy the collectors edition to get the beta? Screw you Cliffy B I thought you were cool

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
ehh, while I would like to check out the new gears, I would much rather have this game for pc

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Nothing for PS3 then? Obviously. Still going to get Bulletstorm though because it looks like the most fun FPS for a quite a while compared to all the realistic shooters that have been coming out.

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
this might just be the very first game I ever preorder. I dont know why, but it just looks so amazing...

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
[sub] open public beta to Gears 3...[/sub]

YES!!! Gears 3's multiplayer is easily the the game I'm most exited for. I can't wait to try out some of the brutal kills shown in this vid below.

Chainsawing to the guts, ripping arms off, setting people's insides ablaze, Chairman Prescott and the Locust Queen as playable characters? YES PLEASE!

Oh and Bulletstorm looks great as well

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
So you have to buy the collectors edition to get the beta? Screw you Cliffy B I thought you were cool
Considering its the same price as the normal version I'm not sure why you're so hurt over this, basically as it says in the article, its more of a first print

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
This is fucking sad actually. I don't wish to buy another FPS no matter how cool, to gain access to the Public Beta of GoW3 which is a TPS mind you.

Pathetic CliffyB, really pathetic. Robbing our wallets and slapping our face for a game that has been extended purely for economical reasons.
How? How in the world could you call that stealing? Its not like you have to buy Bulletstorm to play Gears Of War 3, its just the beta. Geez.

Before Halo 3 and COD 4 betas werent even public so stop complaining. Betas are made to test the game before selling it for money so dont complain that you arent getting free stuff. The people that bought Crackdown just for the Halo 3 beta were idiots, some didnt even played the game. Who in the hell would waste 60 dollars in a limited beta? Yeah, right, thats because you arent supposed to waste it all just for the beta, you should waste it for the game too. So if you dont have intentions of buying Bulletstorm you probably shouldnt complain, you are just giving them the money for something that you will pay again later.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
that sounds pretty cool. I don't if i wanna buy Bulletstorm just for beta for gears of war 3. But its gears of war 3...............
Which is why this makes me laugh. They did this with the Halo 3 beta that came with Crackdown and I laughed then.

rainman2203

Oct 22, 2008
I'm not sure if this would be worth getting for that price. Bulletstorm is kind of intriguing though- its like the bastard child of Borderlands and Madworld. If only I was loaded...

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Lost In The Void said:
The Wykydtron said:
Considering its the same price as the normal version I'm not sure why you're so hurt over this, basically as it says in the article, its more of a first print
Shit my bad i thought it said £59.99 instead of $59.99 since the usual price in the UK is £39.99 thats a £20 difference than usual.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
Lost In The Void said:
The Wykydtron said:
Shit my bad i thought it said £59.99 instead of $59.99 since the usual price in the UK is £39.99 thats a £20 difference than usual.
No worries bud, easy mistake to make