Final Fantasy VII Remade On PlayStation 3, In LittleBigPlanet 2

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Final Fantasy VII Remade On PlayStation 3, In LittleBigPlanet 2

A LittleBigPlanet 2 creation is the modern Final Fantasy VII PlayStation 3 remake fans have been clamoring for, sort of.

Square Enix once made Final Fantasy fans ruin their drawers by releasing a LittleBigPlanet 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97717-Square-Enix-Continues-to-Tease-Gamers-With-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake] to pick up Square Enix's slack.

A LittleBigPlanet 2 creator currently in the game's beta is making the attempt to recreate as much of Final Fantasy VII as he can. This includes Final Fantasy VII's characters as Sackboys, the overworld map, battles, and one huge Chocobo.

Sackboy Cloud currently greets players once they enter the work-in-progress, and Sackboy Sephiroth makes a cameo while standing in flames. The creator plans to include a random battle system that isn't working just yet, but will potentially feature Materia and the classic battle menu Final Fantasy is known for.

Okay, maybe it's not quite as good as an all-out Final Fantasy VII remake would be, but it's much cuter. It's Final Fantasy VII, it'll have as many features as the creator can finagle in, and it's on the PlayStation 3. This is about as close as we're going to get, folks.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=280984]

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Uh...Nifty? I'd prefer FF6, but I guess this is pretty good. At any rate, the overhead camera and the turn-based combat skeleton provide a nice showcase of the expanded creation tools, and that's someting to be thankful for.

Apr 28, 2008
The ingenuity of the people who make this stuff never fails to completely astound me.

Seriously, thats just amazing.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I'll download it. I just want to see how to make a turn-based RPG in LBP2 and make my own with blackjack and hookers... ok maybe without the blackjack...

SmileyBat

Jun 14, 2010
I find that the mostly dark color schemes of the characters doesn't mesh with the chibi incarnations; trying a more vibrant color setup would probably help the visuals flow. Also, more soundtrack would improve its presentation, but I'm not certain of LBP's capabilities.

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Who cares if it's as good as a real remake? It's friggin' awesome! And it goes to show just the kind of creative freedom and customization we can hope to see in LBP2!

Ahh... I'm gonna start going insane now.

Postema

Mar 11, 2010
That's a pretty well done level, but I actually think FF IX should be remade in LBP2 instead of FF VII...c'mon, we all know walking around as Vivi or maybe Amarant would be pretty cool...why are you looking at me like that?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Give players the ability to make anything they want and they will remake stuff that has already been made, is going to be remade, had spin offs and sequels

Having your own thoughts is too hard

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
ultimasupersaiyan said:
I'll download it. I just want to see how to make a turn-based RPG in LBP2 and make my own with blackjack and hookers... ok maybe without the blackjack...
... or the RPG.

Futurama is awesome.

Anyway this game looks really cool. I think I'm actually a bit more exited about this then if they made a full remake, just because of the ingenuity involved.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
It's pretty interesting that a full game is being made on LP2's creation engine.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
It sounds nifty, and I respect the creator, but honestly. Even with all the horrible graphics, I'd still rather play the original.

I don't know, it just look so...uhh...wrong.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
That's...adorable. Probably not the reaction the guy was after, but I'm the only gamer ever who has never played any of the FF series, so...Best he's gonna get from me.

TheGreekDollmaker

Aug 21, 2010
Is there anything Little big Planet cannot do ?

Why dont you just change the motto of the game too "It only creates everything".