Humble Indie Bundle #2 Hits Steam, Breaks $1.2 Million

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Humble Indie Bundle #2 Hits Steam, Breaks $1.2 Million

The second Humble Indie Bundle is still going strong, and still adding features for those donating.

Humble Indie Bundle #2, the followup to the $500,000 raised [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100451-Get-Five-Great-Indie-Games-for-Any-Price-You-Want] in 24 hours. Less than a week later, it's broken $1 million dollars, and might even add another game to its ranks in the near future.

Bundle #2 has currently accrued $1,202,619 from its pay-what-you-want price tag, with 162,712 buys at an average purchase price of $7.39. Not bad for a bundle of 5 games you can get for $0.01. The fact that many people are paying more than the bare minimum gives hope to the human race, and the Bundle even has a new top donor that loves Pi named "grflwitz" that gave $3,141.59.

To reward purchasers, the organizers of Humble Indie Bundle #2 have made it redeemable on Steam and Desura [http://www.desura.com/], a newly launched digital distribution platform. Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans will be added to the Steam library of Bundle owners once they hit the service. The availability time of Humble Indie Bundle #2 has been extended as well, with approximately 5 days left as of this writing.

Co-organizer of the Humble Indie Bundle John Graham has even told Indie Games that there are still some crazy ideas to be unveiled revolving around Bundle #2. "We don't want to do the same thing every time, but we have some ideas for fun things we could do," he said. "I can't reveal what those might be yet, but we have at least one crazy idea that we're going to reveal a little later on in the week."

Graham added that if he can find a good new game to add to Bundle #2, he'll try to put it in, just like how Samorost 2 was added to Bundle #1. "I'd recommend keeping your eye on the Humble Indie Bundle site... something might happen," he said.

Graham also revealed that there are absolutely, positively more Humble Indie Bundles coming in the future, and he has wide eyes for potential game inclusions. He wants to add titles like Heroes of Newerth [http://www.minecraft.net/] if he can, but these games are just talk and wishful thinking for now.

If you haven't checked out the Humble Indie Bundle yet, it's available here [http://www.humblebundle.com/]

Source: IndieGames [http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/12/there_is_more_coming_to_the_hu.html]

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Excellent! I've always loved Indie games, and it's nice to see them selling so well. I played the demo of Cortex Command, very fun but extremely frustrating game that I'll probably love even more once I get the full version.

I paid 20 dollars, hope that isn't too stingy for the rest of you.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
There is no way he's going to get Minecraft in there.
Also, HoN 2.0 just came out and added micro-transactions for skins, I don't think it really fits the motif he's going for with these packs.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
I was really surprised by cortex command, I recommend it strongly, although once I learnt about calling in a missile full with crabs that ruined some of the game play, as it makes a very cheap bomb. Shooting down air craft never seems to get old to me on this game to, especially the drop ships as they spin out of control if you shoot off one of the engines.

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
Steam does great little offers and these bundles are also perfect for announcing the indie games.
I love steam :D

Dec 14, 2009
As much as I like Braid, Machinarium is my favourite game in the bundle. I haven't played a point and click adventure game that fun since Money Island.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
AC10 said:
Also, HoN 2.0 just came out and added micro-transactions for skins, I don't think it really fits the motif he's going for with these packs.
Notch himself did buy a bundle for $2000, so maybe it's possible.

Freemon

Nov 18, 2009
I will buy this bundle when they finally decide to give me the games from the 1st bundle. I bought it back then, paypal transaction. didn't get the key for the bundle. contacted support several times, gave then all the info they wanted until they stopped contacting me. I simply let it die after a while. I sent them a new ticket this week. If they finally decide to activate my 1st bundle, i will buy the second one.

Otherwise, i prefer to give money directly to charity. or buy the games individually directly from the developer.

jeffreyrosen

Dec 21, 2010
Hey Freemon, Jeffrey Rosen from the Humble Bundle here. Someone told me you were having trouble. Normally we have great support (you can chat with us live on our site) and our email response time is about 10 hours right now, so I am not sure how this happened. Could you please email me at [email protected] and I will get your key set up.

It's totally unacceptable that you never got your key.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I can be happy about this horrible world for once I hope they get alot more so more ppl can be helped :3

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
dekkarax said:
AC10 said:
Notch himself did buy a bundle for $2000, so maybe it's possible.
This, plus the amount of money he donated to Desert Bus has made me become a Notch fan for life, how can one dude have so much pure awesome inside him?