Question of the Day, December 23, 2010

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Question of the Day, December 23, 2010

Our very own Elizabeth Grunewald makes the case [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/writersroom/8480-The-Worst-Theatrical-Slaughter-Since-Abe-Walked-Into-Ford-s] that the Spider-Man musical should stop before someone gets killed. Should it give up, or should it persevere?

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
There's some small chance that they could prove the naysayers wrong and have it be a mind-blowing theatrical extravaganza, but every day that grows to be about as likely as Episode 3 being released within our lifetimes.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
it may sound shitty as fuck

but I honestly think they should rethink it and rework it before just going on and throwing it into theatres

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't think this thing will be any good, and they should never have started productions. But now that they have, they should just persevere.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
No they need to keep going! at least until some1 gets killed <.<

its really looking like its going that way. Its already the most expensive production in Broadway history and the ensuing settlements for the injured performers gonna make it more so.

Though i think its getting more and more publicity the more accidents they have. If i was a broadway show going man, I want to see this now.

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
I think they should stop it now.

However they will not stop the play until someone dies. There is to much money invested to just call it off and it will take someone to die before enough pressure is put on to cancel.

Sadly we are mostly a society that acts to after the fact instead of putting in prevention measures before the fact.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Shut it down! It looks awful, and from what I hear a high percentage of the cast have been injured at some point along the way.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I went for the 'take a break to fix it up' option. It's not the sort of thing I'd personally want to see but I'm sure it serves a purpose in the world so I see no reason to get rid of it if there's a chance of making it less... hazardous.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
It's only a matter of time before someone dies in that thing, I say shut it down before then.

Plus, really? A musical about Spider-Man?

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
When I first heard of this musical, I asked myself "Why is this happening?"

Seriously, some pieces of literature do not need to be expanded to other forms of media. Look at Twilight for an example.