Context Sensitive: My Five Favorites From E3

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Context Sensitive: My Five Favorites From E3

Sackboys and jetpacks and rock stars that sing, these are a few of Susan Arendt's favorite things from this year's E3.

Pebsy

Jun 12, 2008
well it sure looks like someone had some exhausting fun! and im glad to hear a bit about RE5, that had my attention perked up the moment it was announced. Anyways, hope u had... oh how shall i say it, fun? at E3 =D

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Dark Void? I would like to hear more of this. If it's anything like Crimson Skies, I'm more then happy.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
There was a MAG trailer? From what i saw it was only a bit of scripted prerendered footage. The promise of the game is exciting, but you didn't get to see much to be excited about.

TheKbob

Jul 15, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Nothing interesting in Sonys Presentation? Did the guy miss The MAG and God Of War III trailers?
Most people tend to gloss over Pre-Rendered trailers from Sony as that usually means the game is at least 2 years away, if not more.

All companies should follow Blizzards idea of a game release: Good solid pre-rendered trailer + a solid amount of gameplay footage and content information. I didn't need to wait another year or so just to see Diablo 3 in motion.

Diablo 3 trumps everything at E3 (I know it wasn't there, but ... it's just that epic!) except for the FFXIII Announcement. Any Announcement that saves me $400 is good one.

Feb 13, 2008
Tune in later this week for my list of the five worst things of E3, which may or may not include the hallways of my hotel, which smelled suspiciously of cat pee. At least I hope it was cat pee.
Can't wait. Give 'em both barrels. I'm very interested in Dark Void though, Tesla was an unappreciated genius.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Nothing interesting in Sonys Presentation? Did the guy miss The MAG and God Of War III trailers?
First of all, I'm not a guy. Secondly, I wrote up the information about MAG, so clearly I didn't miss it. Thirdly, this is a list of my favorite bits from the show, and neither MAG (which I'm still not sure is possible) nor a short God of War trailer that told me absolutely nothing about the game other than the fact that it exists (which is no shock) were my favorites.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
The actual quote is, "relative lack of anything exciting in Sony's briefing", which is different than, "nothing interesting in Sony's presentation."

I'm pretty sure LittleBigPlanet is, you know, from Sony. Re-read #2, and you will see a reporter claim to have actually enjoyed a numbers presentation, and how that bodes well for this particular title. From Sony. Shown during the Sony presentation.

And, yikes, I think I know exactly who she's talking about with that, "not that I'm cynical enough to believe that was Jack Tretton's major motivation of course". I'm not naming any names or even dropping hints, but if you were talking about who I think you were talking about, that line made me chuckle warmly all morning.