Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Coming Early Next Year

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Coming Early Next Year

Konami has announced that two DLC packs for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow [http://www.amazon.com/Castlevania-Lords-Shadow-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J6DC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293069513&sr=8-1], featuring new locations, monsters and more, will be released early next year.

The first DLC update, Reverie, will send players back to the castle to help Laura, the former servant of the vampire Carmilla, destroy the evil force that had been kept under control by the Queen until she was slain. That sentence will probably make more sense to those of you who have actually played Castlevania: Lords of Shadow than to those who have not.

Once that bit of business is wrapped up, Resurrection, the second DLC, will pick up immediately following the end of the original game, promising "insight into the dramatic epilogue seen by players upon completion of the game, and Gabriel's ultimate destiny." Resurrection will be a larger package than Reverie because it will feature "a final showdown with a very notorious enemy." And who could that be, I wonder? (Seriously, I have no idea.)

In his October review [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8200-Review-Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow], The Escapist's John Funk found Castlevania: Lords of Shadow to be "fun and a solid fifteen-twenty hours of well-done action," but said it never quite achieves greatness. Maybe the new DLC packs will help smooth those rough edges; adding some castles and vampires into a game about castles and vampires certainly can't hurt. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Reverie and Resurrection are expected to be released in early 2011.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Final showdown with a notorious enemy........it's either Satan again or.....

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Out of possible 'notorious' Castlevania enemies, you're really only looking at Death or Dracula. Maybe 'the Spirit of Chaos' as well I guess.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
The notorious enemy would be Alucard. I mean, come on. Just turn around at your desk and ask somebody who the famous Castlevania enemy is.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
Krakyn said:
The notorious enemy would be Alucard. I mean, come on. Just turn around at your desk and ask somebody who the famous Castlevania enemy is.
Ummm Alucard's always been a hero in Castlevania. Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but he was one of the four main characters in 3, and was the main character in Symphony of the Night.

Lords of Shadow is amazing by the way. If you haven't played it check it out.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
gregitaly said:
Krakyn said:
Ummm Alucard's always been a hero in Castlevania. Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but he was one of the four main characters in 3, and was the main character in Symphony of the Night.

He was an enemy in III (where you could control him if you beat him) and Legends, but you're right, he was a protagonist in Symphony of Night. My bad.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Damnit, I really need to hurry up and get a bloody account set up so I can get this stuff if it's any good. Does anyone know if it's stuff that you need a PSN account for or disks that you can buy?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
dalek sec said:
Damnit, I really need to hurry up and get a bloody account set up so I can get this stuff if it's any good. Does anyone know if it's stuff that you need a PSN account for or disks that you can buy?
It seems more than likely that it will need to be purchases off of a PSN game account. It is called DLC for a reason after all. It's not like you need to pay for one, you get a PSN account for free, unless you want to get a PS+ account, then you pay like $60 for 14 months I think. Don't quote me on that though. If you have the cash, buy a PS+ account though. It comes with all kinds of cool stuff for free, and you apparently get discounts on some PSN items as well. As an example, you get Infamous for a free download as long as your a subscriber. Gots to get me some cash!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Baresark said:
It seems more than likely that it will need to be purchases off of a PSN game account. It is called DLC for a reason after all. It's not like you need to pay for one, you get a PSN account for free, unless you want to get a PS+ account, then you pay like $60 for 14 months I think. Don't quote me on that though. If you have the cash, buy a PS+ account though. It comes with all kinds of cool stuff for free, and you apparently get discounts on some PSN items as well. As an example, you get Infamous for a free download as long as your a subscriber. Gots to get me some cash!
Well I only ask because I got that Red Dead zombie add on and that was in disk format as well as a DLC. I guess I'll have to get a job first if this doesn't come out in disks or anything. D:

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Krakyn said:
gregitaly said:
Krakyn said:

He was an enemy in III (where you could control him if you beat him) and Legends, but you're right, he was a protagonist in Symphony of Night. My bad.
He's also an ally in both Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow (and in the latter, a playable character in Julius Mode).

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
dalek sec said:
Baresark said:
Well I only ask because I got that Red Dead zombie add on and that was in disk format as well as a DLC. I guess I'll have to get a job first if this doesn't come out in disks or anything. D:
That was definitely a rarity my friend. To bad too, I think that if they at least sold them in disk packs they would probably make some more money. Or they could wait till a couple of DLC expansions come out then release them together. This would have been significantly easier for people who bought the Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for 360. When you bought it, you got a coupon in the case to download the gold edition content, it would have been better and easier for them if they just put it on a damn disk.

Edit: Don't forget man, a basic PSN membership is completely free. No need to save money for that. Then at least you can keep track of it.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Blitzwing said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
uhg kill it kill it with fire ><

Would you care to elaborate?
I don't care much for petty cinemagic games, since games are interactive when style out paces substance by more than half a game just fails in on itself.

LOS is as bad as LOI/COD just in a different way, tho I liked LOI/COD more at least they were just very bland LOS is just wrong on many levels. At least it is for a CV game its make a good Onimusha tho. LOL

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Blitzwing said:
Amnestic said:
Out of possible 'notorious' Castlevania enemies, you're really only looking at Death or Dracula. Maybe 'the Spirit of Chaos' as well I guess.
That?s the most likely candidate. One of the scrolls found says that the castle might be possessed by something. And if not that then Frankenstein?s Monster
Both Death and Dracula are taken.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Blitzwing said:
Amnestic said:
That?s the most likely candidate. One of the scrolls found says that the castle might be possessed by something. And if not that then Frankenstein?s Monster
Well it's not really possessed per se. Chaos is the source of all of Dracula's power, which is one of the explanations given to why Castlevania always has a different layout in every game you play. It's separate from Dracula, in so much that it still exists even after Dracula gets perma-killed in the 1999 Demon Castle War, but as demonstrated by every game up until now, it is still linked as well since Castlevania disappears everytime Dracula gets his face whipped in.

/Assuming that this game takes said canon as part of its canon. I'm all confused as to where they stand on that.