Pokemon Black & White Celebrates Release Date With English Trailer

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Pokemon Black & White Celebrates Release Date With English Trailer

Screenshots of Pokemon Black & White have evolved into the game's first English trailer.

What good would the North American White [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106441-Pokemon-Black-White-I-Choose-You-on-March-6th] be without a the debut English trailer to go with it? It'd be like Ash without Pikachu. Thankfully, the trailer has arrived just in time.

For many people this might be the first glimpse at Pokemon Black & White in motion. The trailer shows off the game's new visual style: a 3D world mixed with 2D sprites. It also gives us a look at the new starter Pokemon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105549-Black-Whites-Starter-Pokemon-Officially-Get-Named] unleashing the fury of leaves and snouts, and their unique sound effect blorps.

We even get to see the glowing eyes and faces of Reshiram and Zekrom, Black & White's cover stars and cannot use [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100993-New-Legendary-Pokemon-Herald-Black-White-Release-in-2011] any of their previously caught beasts until finishing Black & White.

To acquire a full roster of the new Pokemon, players will evidently have to journey through hollowed-out trees, fly through hoops, and avoid dangerous salarymen on the city streets. As revealed, Pokemon Black & White will be released in North America on March 6, 2011.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/27/there-are-lots-of-camera-angles-in-pokemon-black-whites-debut-english-trailer/]

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I'm still not too fond of the whole 3D thing. I guess I'll just wait for reviews and reactions from the community before making my decision whether I'll buy it or not.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
It's a shame that the graphics haven't particularly improved since Gen IV....

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
HK_01 said:
I'm still not too fond of the whole 3D thing. I guess I'll just wait for reviews and reactions from the community before making my decision whether I'll buy it or not.
Well, it got a perfect score in Japan, if that helps any.

Seriously though, I can't wait.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Oh my god, that Gym leader has half a 3D glasses!

The graphics look pretty good, although that's coming from playing Ruby. Makes me wish I still had my DS.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I still dunno which I want to get... :S

The Black dragon from the White Version looks awesome, but still the White Forest vs Black City? Ugh.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Got it. Beat it. Waiting for the next wi-fi Mystery Gift so I can finally have my Zoroark x3!!

Can't wait for the U.S. release though!! I must catch them all x3

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I'll be getting them both on release date, but I don't know, I get the distinct feeling this could be the first Pokémon game I don't like.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I hope 3D is not going to be a requirement to play, cause I'm still playing on my Lite and thats doing me wonders so far.

other then that... I dont know. I'm definately getting the more foresty themed one, but thats about it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, and if none of the new pokemon interest me to add as permanent roster members, the new abilities that pokemon get will be more then enough to make up for it. I mean seriously. Vaporeon, with Hydration? Blaziken, with Speed Boost? its a great day in the world of competitive pokemon battling.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
You know Pokemon is beginning to fail as a good franchise when....

....they name one of their pokemon Tepig.

*headdesk*

seekeroftruth86

Nov 20, 2010
I'll be getting White. Probably when it comes out. I haven't really played Gen IV very much, and I actually want to get back into the old game. I've been looking over the new roster, and I'm really looking forward to it.

delanofilms

Apr 25, 2009
Impluse_101 said:

*headdesk*
Oh my god it's chibi Okami.
Anyway, I severely doubt I'll be getting either of these unless they do another competitive thing, I might then.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
JWRosser said:
It's a shame that the graphics haven't particularly improved since Gen IV....
Yeah, they really need to do something drastic after this game and not just the graphics, especially with the 3DS coming out. I know Nintendo doesn't want to mess with success(billion dollar success) but you gotta take a chance. Forget the superficial things like berries and dressing them up. Sorry but only hardest of the hardcore care about that stuff.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah I know it's the same game over and over but I still want to get it! I think its the new pokemons that intrigue me (I think most of them are alright looking).

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
I wish that they would actually add more gameplay variety to this series, but they really have no reason to. I'm just getting sick of the same old formula; maybe they could add a better story, or some alternate gameplay modes that involve the trainers rather than the Pokemon? I don't know what exactly they could add, but I'd like it if they did.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I'm actually interested. I thought I wouldn't be, since I'm not a huge fan of the newer generations, but hell... I'm intrigued.

I'm still on the fence about the 3D view, though.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
I hope 3D is not going to be a requirement to play, cause I'm still playing on my Lite and thats doing me wonders so far.

other then that... I dont know. I'm definately getting the more foresty themed one, but thats about it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, and if none of the new pokemon interest me to add as permanent roster members, the new abilities that pokemon get will be more then enough to make up for it. I mean seriously. Vaporeon, with Hydration? Blaziken, with Speed Boost? its a great day in the world of competitive pokemon battling.
You don't

Also I am interested in that little factor but also a little disapointed as well. My favorite pokemon got almost nothing out of that (Empoleon), They gave him an ability that raises attack when he's lowered in any stat. If it raised special attack, I'd be glad, but Empoleon is not really the most physically oriented pokemon available....

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Impluse_101 said:

*headdesk*
I'd have to say oshawatt is worse... and sadly that's the one I was gonna pick

I may change just cause snivy sounds cooler...