MineCraft Player Destroys Giant Monster With Lava and Chickens

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
MineCraft Player Destroys Giant Monster With Lava and Chickens

Rube Goldberg meets MineCraft, and all in the service of a very big boom.

Plenty of videogames have explosions, but after the twentieth grenade detonation or hundredth barrel conflagration, things can start to get a little stale.

A MineCraft player has gotten around this problem, however, by building not only a colossal explosion, but a wonderfully elaborate trigger mechanism to give the whole thing that extra bit of spice.

YouTube user, "danielplaysminecraft [http://www.youtube.com/user/danielplaysminecraft]" built a replica of a Creeper - one of the game's roving monsters - and then built the means to destroy it in a Rube Goldberg style. First, Daniel hits a switch, which releases a torrent of water, which flows through the glass pipes. The water then moves the rowboat which trips a row of switches and activates the lava, and so on and so on. It's much easier to watch than it is to describe, and it features a TNT catapult and several chickens.

It's impressive enough to watch for the layperson, but I imagine that it's even more interesting for expert MineCraft players who know what's going on and how everything works. Daniel is also offering the save file for the machine here [http://www.mediafire.com/?2tp1dl6vvzdrw2a], so people can explore and tinker with the machine.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5721067/mouse-traps-got-nothing-on-minecraft?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku/full+(Kotaku)]

6urk17s

Nov 16, 2010
Stupid Chickens, never do what their supposed to do.
All i can say about the mechanism is wow. Just wow.
Now we could use a portable version when one of those creepers come.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Incredible. Any idea how he made that TNT catapult? That would be useful for harvesting creepers.

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
6urk17s said:
Stupid Chickens, never do what their supposed to do.
All i can say about the mechanism is wow. Just wow.
Now we could use a portable version when one of those creepers come.
I would imagine it would have to go a little faster...

And maybe not rely on chickens?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
fantastic. Love the chicken tossing at the end and the giant exploding phallic symbol.

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
Fantastic Machine, the chickens at the end kinda broke the flow, but i'm amazed at how it worked so well for the most part.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Wow, Minecraft has now cemented its place as a game I can't stand to play, but love to see things of.
pretty much my thought's exactly. that game blows me away, but i don't have the attention span to enjoy playing it myself. guess it's one of those things i can respect and acknowledge as a masterpiece without actually enjoying it personally.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
And to think, I impressed myself with my landscaped waterfall.

I still haven't even worked out how to make switches yet...

(Don't spoil it!)

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Is it just me or are videos playing on the escapist getting weird. Choppy and screen tearing.

Anywhoo off to try the save file for myself