EA Unlocks Bonus Bad Company 2 Vietnam Map for Everyone

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
EA Unlocks Bonus Bad Company 2 Vietnam Map for Everyone

EA decides to start 2011 with a bang, and throws its own challenge out the window.

It's a happy new year for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam players, or at least the ones playing on consoles, as EA has decided to let everyone have access to the Operation Hastings bonus map in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, even though the Xbox 360 and PS3 players hadn't met the requirements.

Players needed to perform 69 million team actions - which include things like spotting enemy troops, repairing vehicles, and resupplying allies - to unlock the map. Each platform had its own tally, and while the PC crowd was able to unlock the map in just eight days, the console gamers were lagging behind by a pretty hefty margin. But in a post on the official Battlefield blog [http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/01/01/happy-new-year.aspx], EA said that it wanted to start the New Year on a high note, and was unlocking the map for everyone.

This announcement has ruffled the feathers of a handful of PC gamers who feel like EA has cheated them in some way - although exactly how is a lot less clear - but it's great news for consoles gamers who get the map a little bit earlier than they would have otherwise.

Source: via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=281797?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS]

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Damn it EA how dare you make us play your game to unlock content, then give the content away! how dare you!

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
This announcement has ruffled the feathers of a handful of PC gamers who feel like EA has cheated them in some way - although exactly how is a lot less clear -
I think it would be the fact that the PC gamers earnt it yet the consoles didnt and still got it unlocked. Think of it as working very hard to get this million dollar bonus at work but suddenly everyone gets it.....except much more stupid.

OT: Now everyone has a glorious map to pwn some noobs in!

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
They must have given up on the idea that console players are capable of team play

Zapperdude

Mar 19, 2009
Cousin_IT said:
They must have given up on the idea that console players are capable of team play
I second that. Console players would never be able to play properly as a team and get those 69 million team actions.

I`ll probably have to put on my flameshield for that one :D

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
BAWWWWW elitist pc gamers mad?

OT: was it just today? ive been playing for a few days, havent seen it....

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
While this is a nice thing to hear and the map is pretty sweet, the challenge encouraged team support actions, but nevermind theres never many people who play as a team anyway on PS3 (IMO) sadly, but when you do find a good team and work together the game is AWESOME.
Happy New Year escapists !

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah guys, console gamers are so bad. There's actually not a single PC gamer who doesn't have perfect team skills, but EVERY SINGLE console gamer is incapable of any team play what-so-ever...

OT: It's a pretty cool map.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
It would only take one more week, also, there where some rumours that the PC users boosted, although I dont see how that works. Either way it doesnt really matters.

I also find that players act more like assholes in this expansion (when the game starts, some guys rush at the heli while others rush at the tank to blow up their own heli, yeah, great team work. Phu Bay Valley is just impossible to play, tanks camp at spawn, some even camp right on top of the helipad to stop him from spawning. There are also morons that just wait for the heli and dont do anything else.) BF:BC2 seemed to have a better community before the expansion :(

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
jaketheripper said:
BAWWWWW elitist pc gamers mad?

OT: was it just today? ive been playing for a few days, havent seen it....
Mad? Naw...We're laughing at the fact that they gave up on ya'll ever getting it and just unlocked it for you. :p

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Hey guys! (especially the "cheated" PC people)

Did it not cross your minds for a second that they would have unlocked it for everybody on new years anyway? Because I would definitely say that is what they would have done.

Stop complaining.

Reshkar

"Face to Face"
May 18, 2010
Don't see the point of doing this, still I don't see many players actually working with the team. Always a guy behind on spawn location waiting on chopper spawn. "hurr hurr hurr, now imma get so many killzz"

Or just not being strategic(sneaking up behind with shotgun/- with slugs & magnum upgrade, then the shotgun acts like a sniper. Fucking ridiculous.. ahh nevermind, i've had bad memories :/)

Well what can I expect, everyone else can't be like me(not saying i'm superior)

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
must have seen how far behind the console crowd was and that its competing with CODBLOPS they probably expected no1 will hold enough interest to actually earn the map :p

Jul 22, 2009
Great PC elitists are going to swarm this thread like mad...

Anyway, Vietnam is great, the new map is great, I now have all my Bad Company 2 achievements but I'm still going to play it cause it's amazing.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Lordmarkus said:
Bah! The console-playing peasants always get everything for free! Bah! Humbug!
lol, I hope that you are joking, because... come on! The PC has mods and user created content, and there are a lot of games with free dlc for PC (Valve). PS3 and Xbox users have to pay for everything.