Bulletstorm ESRB Rating is Comedy Gold

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bulletstorm ESRB Rating is Comedy Gold

If you think violence, f-bombs, "Intoxicated Skillshots" and the Drilldo sound like fun, the ESRB says Bulletstorm [http://www.amazon.com/Bulletstorm-Limited-Pc/dp/B003H0CBT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1294088201&sr=8-3] might be just the game you're looking for.

The People Can Fly [http://www.esrb.org].

The description of the game as a shooter in which players become space pirates trying to escape a planet of mutant cannibals is amusing, if only for its unabashedly stereotypical ridiculousness, but it's not until after the ESRB explains some of the game's weapons and more colorful killing methods, like dismemberment with explosives, impalement on spikes and being "drilled into walls," whatever that means, that things really kick into high gear.

"Players can consume alcohol and kill enemies in order to receive an Intoxicated Skillshot; the screen turns blurry during these sequences," the summary reads. "The dialogue contains numerous jokes and comments that reference sexual acts, venereal diseases, and having sex with one's mother (e.g., 'Guess I know where the ol' gal got that limp.'). The names of some Skillshots are infused with sexual innuendo (e.g., Gag Reflex, Rear Entry, Drilldo, Mile High Club); one Skillshot (i.e., Fire in the Hole) allows players to shoot at enemies' exposed buttocks."

Sex with one's mother and "Fire in the Hole." Oh, and plenty of f-bombs, c-sharps and other colorful language, too; this is, after all, the game that gave us "dicktits [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106402-Protect-Your-Sensitive-Ears-With-Bulletstorms-Profanity-Filter]." I am so preordering this thing.

Bulletstorm comes out on February 22 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
That and Duke Nukem Forever is the perfect dosage of mindless shooters that we need. Enough with serious stories for now, I want some over-the-top violence with gallows humor! :D

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Considering Epic's other games aren't on Steam, I suppose Bulletstorm won't also? I'll have to wait for a retail version to reach the remote place where I live then.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
That is amazing. That could be the best source of hype for a game ever.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Ok, you've convinced me. I'm buying this. With so many "gritty, realistic" shooters, it'll be nice to have something that revels in it's own silliness.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Why haven't I pre-ordered this yet?

This game looks insanely fun and I'm loving its dirty and juvenile humor.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Arkhangelsk said:
That and Duke Nukem Forever is the perfect dosage of mindless shooters that we need. Enough with serious stories for now, I want some over-the-top violence with gallows humor! :D
Exactly, for once I don't want a serious or smart story. Just give me a paper thin plot, tons of bad guys and enough Dakka that I could shoot down the Battlestar Galactica and I'm good to go! :D

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
wow

are they promoting or warning the parents??

if anyone intending to buy the game reads this its a sure buy

if a parent reads this its a sure "not untill you are older kiddo"

hehe, its soooo god to be 25 and be able to enjoy this kinds of games!!!

to bad my kid turns 3 and i wont be able to play this when he is home hehehehehe

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
Hmm... The more I hear about this game, the more I become interested. Sadly, I have no experience with People Can Fly, so I'm still sort of on the fence.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
dalek sec said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Exactly, for once I don't want a serious or smart story. Just give me a paper thin plot, tons of bad guys and enough Dakka that I could shoot down the Battlestar Galactica and I'm good to go! :D
if you havent, i would recomend you buy Just Cause 2 while you wait for bulletstorm

its insanely fun, i have finished the story but i´m still climbing to the %100 just cause its so fun (yeah, pun intended)

also, the story makes no sense, you are practically a bad ass batman, and the settings are increadibly beautifull (for such a game).

i still dont get why most people didnt liked this game.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
=O I am getting this! If its online, then, along with TF2, we now have TWO ridiculous, cartoony, over-the-top, oh-so-bloody multiplayer shooters =]

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
dalek sec said:
Arkhangelsk said:
Yea, I miss kicking ass and chewing bubblegum. Although I was always out of bubblegum...

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I think that games that don't take themselves seriously make for better experiences. Definitely on my "Must Buy" list.