Hollywood Thinks Stan Lee's Marvelous, Gives Him Star on Walk of Fame

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Hollywood Thinks Stan Lee's Marvelous, Gives Him Star on Walk of Fame

[cnn=http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=showbiz/2011/01/04/duke.stan.lee.exclusive.cnn]​
The Spider-Man creator will hold the 2,428th star on Hollywood's fabled walk.

Stan Lee, creator and co-creator of such classic Marvel comic book characters as Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four, will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Generalissimo, as he calls himself in his seemingly never-ending Tweets [http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealStanLee], recently turned 88 years old, and has been working in the comic book industry for 70 years.

Lee, talking to CNN in front of a giant portrait of himself, marveled, "I never thought it would happen... What took them so long with me?" In discussing his work, Lee takes on a bit of a parental air, saying, "I guess Spider-Man is my favorite, because he's the most popular, and he's known and loved worldwide, but I really love them all, and whichever one I was writing at the moment, that was my favorite." Lee expresses both mild incredulity at the longevity of his creations and a desire that the writers and artists of the future continue to take care in handling these characters.

CNN reports that Lee's star is the 2,428th to be added to the Walk of Fame. Excelsior!

Source: Blastr [http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/01/03/stan.lee.star/?hpt=C2]

laryri

May 19, 2008
I say that the movie continuity should be officially recognized as Earth-2428 of the Marvel Multiverse.

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
He certainly deserves to be there. He may not have been famous until recently, but he created alot of famous characters.

Tomtitan

Jun 7, 2010
Random thought: wouldn't Stan Lee be the most awesome person to have as a grandfather?

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
It's about damn time!! I also second the motion of Kirby and Dikto getting their own stars. Excelsior!

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
I think he really deserves this, he's been a massive influence on the comic book and superhero genre, and with most of his characters with high ratings and acclaim, he can be one of the few producers with such an achievement.

laryri said:
I say that the movie continuity should be officially recognized as Earth-2428 of the Marvel Multiverse.
Amen to that!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
He deserve it since that will shut him up wanting the Oscar to create a cameo award for him to be nominated he mention ages ago (I joking). As I said it already he deserves it since although he looks great but he won't be alive forever (I will be sad on the day he passed away).

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
He deserves such a place, good on him! Sad to see him being 88, c'mon Stan! Live forever!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Good to see a monument being erected to him that way. As odd as it sounds, I honestly think it's not enough.

I'd argue that Stan Lee goes beyond the characters he created, or the financial success. I think he very much helped to make comics, the whole "sequential art" style of them, into the major creative medium they are today. He wasn't unique in this respect, but one of the biggest forces.

I won't say he's beyond criticism, as he's not, I think he's as much if not more of a businessman than a true "artist", especially nowadays. Even so, I think his contributions should at least warrent a public statue, or a guaranteed place in various international museums as being highly influential to global art and culture.

I think my life would have been much poorer without him and his creations, comics and the escapism they provided have gotten me through some very rough times, especially early on.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Seems about time, considering what a giant he is in his medium, and the success his comics have brought Hollywood.

I think its nice to see people like Lee getting acknowledged like that.