Real Life Superhero Thwarts Robbery, Gains TV Fame

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Real Life Superhero Thwarts Robbery, Gains TV Fame

Meet Phoenix Jones, Seattle's most famous superhero.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101932-Real-Life-Superhero-Patrols-Tennessee-Streets>People operating as superheroes in the real world have been making headlines over the past year, but this story takes the cake. Up in Seattle, a local costumed crime fighter thwarted a car theft and suddenly wound up on the news.

Phoenix Jones, the black-and-gold wearing Seattle superhero, came across a would-be thief trying to break into the car of a local man who is only identified as "Dan." Jones proceeded to chase the criminal away, but didn't stick around for Dan to thank him. When Dan contacted the local news, reporters knew exactly who the vigilante was and brought the two men together; Jones showed off his non-lethal crime fighting equipment, his armor, and chatted with him. The news crew even showed how he keeps a secret lair in a comic shop.

This isn't the first time that Phoenix Jones (or his "Rain City Superhero squad") have gained fame and/or notoriety. Back in November, a reporter for <a href=http://seattlecrime.com/2010/11/23/on-patrol-with-phoenix-jones-guardian-of-seattle>SeattleCrime.com tracked the man down after discovering a police report mentioning him.

Sounds like Seattle PD needs to start up its own version of the <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Sawyer>Special Crimes Unit to help out with all the superheroes operating inside city borders.

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/5725432/phoenix-jones-a-real+life-seattle-superhero-thwarts-carjacker>io9

Rivers Wells

Aug 26, 2010
So cool. These guys might be approaching things with a bit too much grandeur, but there's something you have to admire when it comes to someone caring enough about stopping bad guys they commit this far.

And hey, why not dress up in a "cool" costume while you do it. Chicks dig the costume.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
The guy looked pretty good in the costume actually. What a legend. He deserves a medal or something. It's good that he's making his presence known, and actually stopping crime.

But MAJOR MISTAKE - Don't show your hidden comic book area! FAIL. Villains know where you'll be now!

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Tim Latshaw said:
You idiots! You exposed his secret lair! He's doomed!
Yeah, I couldn't help but think that as well. Also, didn't he basically just rip off some lines from Kick-Ass at the end?

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Except not where it is. But no matter. My super-villany knows no bounds. I will sack EVERY BOOKSTORE! MWAHAHA!

Now on a more serious matter, if that guy aint kidding about his suit, he sounds like he'd be a very difficult opponent to anyone trying to kill him. I rate this at Pretty damn awesome.

Hman121

Feb 26, 2009
NeedAUserName said:
Tim Latshaw said:
You idiots! You exposed his secret lair! He's doomed!
Yeah, I couldn't help but think that as well. Also, didn't he basically just rip off some lines from Kick-Ass at the end?
Maybe Kick-Ass got the lines from him!

OT: Pretty cool thing to do, walking around the streets being a vigilante, almost Batman-like.

illiterate

Sep 10, 2008
As a naturalized Seattlite, I can't bring myself to support anyone who wears a black and gold outfit.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Awesome! This man deserves some kind of an award.

But now you relieved your hidden lair! Unless its a decoy and his real lair is hidden somewhere else.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
Wow, I live 20 minutes north of Seattle and never heard of this guy. Time to go commit a crime just so I can say that I was thwarted by a superhero!

Herr Wozzeck

Oct 23, 2009
Hm. I wonder if he's up to weeding out internet trolls in certain suburbs of Seattle... *rubs hands together*

Too bad the news channel made sure his secret identity was kept secret. Damn it, now I don't know who to call to make things happen!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
That fellow might be the first "costumed vigilante" I've seen who manages to not look completely ridiculous in his get-up, that outfit actually looked pretty cool (and is apparently functional as well). I believe kudos are in order.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
About god damn time, now we just need to get a billionaire to start doing this, and BAM! Iron/Batman