Dragon Age II Signature Edition Giveaway - 24 Hours to Enter!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Dragon Age II Signature Edition Giveaway - 24 Hours to Enter!

BioWare is upgrading every pre-order of Dragon Age 2 before January 11th to the Dragon Age II BioWare Signature Edition, which includes over $20 of additional value including "The Exiled Prince" and we have two to give away in the next 24 hours!

BioWare™ announced today "The Exiled Prince," a three-mission digital content pack for Dragon Age II™, will be available for download coinciding with Dragon Age II's North American retail launch on March 8, 2011. Gamers who pre-order Dragon Age II before January 11 will receive a free upgrade to the Dragon Age II BioWare Signature Edition, which includes over $20 of additional content including "The Exiled Prince" DLC pack, the game's digital soundtrack and an exclusive in-game digital armory featuring a variety of in-game weapons. For those who do not preorder Dragon Age II before January 11, "The Exiled Prince" will be available for purchase separately for $7 or 560 Microsoft Points.

Remember, this offer is only valid until January 11th, BUT The Escapist has a couple Dragon Age II BioWare Signature Editions to give away to our awesome community if you enter TODAY!

Want to know a little more about Dragon Age 2 before you enter? [user]Susan Arendt[/user] has a hands-on preview just waiting for you by clicking here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/8451-Preview-Whats-New-in-Dragon-Age-II].

This is an international giveaway but you must be 18 years old to enter.

To begin, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/DragonAge2] and good luck!

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Wait so they release DLC for the game on the exact same day as the game itself? For which you have to pay extra?

Ok.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I haven't preordered it yet, because I ran dry out of the holidays, but I entered the contest.

Let's cross fingers...

Oh, and good luck everyone =)

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Dragon Age ranks pretty low on my choice RPG list, far under Two Worlds.

But I won't refuse free things.

benderinTime

Dec 27, 2010
Nimcha said:
Wait so they release DLC for the game on the exact same day as the game itself? For which you have to pay extra?

Ok.
There is a perfectly logical explanation for things like this.
There is a time gap between the finishing of the game itself, and it being shipped to all of the stores, and ready for sale. Packing needs to be done, among other things of the same nature.
While this is going on, the developers don't really have anything to do but sit on their hands, or, they can work on new content for the game. If the content finishes before the game ships, why shouldn't they release it on the same day as the game?

OT: Nice content. Good luck to everyone!

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Wait, we're not going to find out who won or have the winner drawn until Sunday, January 10th? That's not until 2016!

Casimir_Effect

Aug 26, 2010
Great, more DLC which will look like it's been ripped out of the actual game.

I wonder if this is the doing of EA or Bioware themself. Well I guess they have to finance the Old Republic trainwreck somehow.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
benderinTime said:
Nimcha said:

Ok.
There is a perfectly logical explanation for things like this.
There is a time gap between the finishing of the game itself, and it being shipped to all of the stores, and ready for sale. Packing needs to be done, among other things of the same nature.
While this is going on, the developers don't really have anything to do but sit on their hands, or, they can work on new content for the game. If the content finishes before the game ships, why shouldn't they release it on the same day as the game?

OT: Nice content. Good luck to everyone!
I think the gold date has to be three months before release. Even longer if they want to be certain they can put units on shelves on, or near, the same date the world over.

I want to know why so many people are mad about this? This is the exact same thing that has already happened. If you don't like it just don't buy it, your problem is solved. I do want it so I've pre-ordered.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
Finally an international !
fingers crossed and all.
KZ3 in February and this is March. What a year to be a gamer

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I really hate all the DLC bullshit bioware pulls.
You can't even buy a game on release date without getting the full game anymore.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Nice to have a international contest/giveaway/thingy.
Hm, the day this is supposed to be shipped is only a few days before my birthday. This would seriously be an awesome gift. But the chances of that actually happening are quite meh. But still, never lose hope!

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Yeah, international. Using mah Pub Club entry, and entered regularly to boot. No Facebook of Twitter gubbins, either.

Zetsubou-Sama

Mar 31, 2010
Good Luck everyone, mainly all of you who couldn't pre-order the signature edition from BioWare n (Regional contest I think)