Buy One Apocalypse, Get One Free

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Buy One Apocalypse, Get One Free

If you've been thinking about picking up Fallen Earth, then you might want to check out Icarus Studios' (nuclear) fire sale.

If you forgot to buy a Holiday present for that MMO fan in your life, don't worry: Icarus Studios has your back ... so long as your friend's a fan of the post-apocalyptic setting. The developer has announced a pretty major sale for its game Fallen Earth, allowing gamers to buy one copy and get another for free.

If you buy the game from Fallen Earth's official online store before January 13th, you'll also receive a free copy that you can give to a friend. The sale price is $14.99, which doesn't seem like a bad deal, all things considered. The person who receives the free copy will still get all the same perks and special in-game content that paying customers do (including "either an ATV or a very fetching hat").

Between the mediocre reviews and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100381-Update-Icarus-Studios-Responds-to-Closure-Report>the severe restructuring of Icarus Studios, I'm not sure anyone expected Fallen Earth to survive its first year of operation. As it stands, the game sounds like it's still staying afloat, but it should be noted that sales like this are sometimes attempts by developers to offset subscription problems.

Source: Massively

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I've never understood buy one get one free sales...

Can't you just buy one, then return the free one, or vice versa?

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Jabberwock xeno said:
I've never understood buy one get one free sales...

Can't you just buy one, then return the free one, or vice versa?
that's why you typically need a receipt for any return. it's so they can verify what the actual price was when you bought it. and in this case, they'd see that it was free. in any case, returns on PC software are typically not possible.

also, i'm gonna go ahead and make the assumption that in this case they're selling digital copies, so no return would be possible anyway.

HeartAttackBob

Sep 11, 2008
Fallen Earth is a fun game, I played it for a few months last year. It has a big world that's cool to explore, and the best crafting system I've ever seen in... anywhere. These days I just don't have the free time to make a monthly subscription worthwhile. =(

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Glad it went on sale and I like the idea of 2x1 sales, but I've read nasty things of this game in other sites. But also I've heard that it was massively improved upon.

Sadly, I can't have the luxury of playing an MMO right now and even less if it has a monthly fee.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Glad to know that I made the right choice not buying this game... or playing for more than 2 hours.

It seriously captured the feeling of an apocalyptic world - empty, big and boring.

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
Having played the week trial for this game, I actually loved it. Problem is, I don't do subscriptions, period. If they ever decide to go the global agenda/guild wars route, or even the turbine/nexon route, I'd totally play it.

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
one of the best mmos i'd ever played, but i'm between a rock and a hard place right now and cant play anything with a sub

dryg

Feb 8, 2009
Played the beta and done the trial some times and I love it. Can only play WoW though, since its the only mmo with gamecards D;

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
dryg said:
Played the beta and done the trial some times and I love it. Can only play WoW though, since its the only mmo with gamecards D;
Grab a Visa Virtuon for online subscriptions/purchases? I got one for just that (comes in handy for Amazon too though), it's cheap as chips, a one time fee of 20 euros (that's returned to you if/after you close down the account) and about 2-3 euros a year for upkeep.