Intel Launching Angry Birds for Windows PCs

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Intel Launching Angry Birds for Windows PCs

Facilitating further Green Pig genocide, Intel's AppUp store is scheduled to get the ever-popular throw-things-and-break-stuff game.

To say that Angry Birds is popular is an understatement. The little physics-based game is on every mobile device imaginable, and soon will come to home consoles. It even made an appearance on the Mac. Now, Angry Birds is going to finish its inevitable conquering of every platform, ever. Angry Birds is finally coming to the PC.

The game will be delivered as an App through Intel's AppUp store; an app store for the PC that Intel launched at last year's CES that functions in a similar manner to mobile app stores. Just download, install, and run. It'll be a lot like Steam just, y'know, with apps. Everything will update automatically, and will require as little effort by the end user as possible.

Oddly, while the iPhone version of the game is only .99 cents to buy, the version on AppUp costs a full $5, and I'm not sure why. My guess? Greed.

Source: N4G [http://gaming.icrontic.com/news/angry-birds-now-available-on-windows/]

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
Scott Bullock said:
Oddly, while the iPhone version of the game is only .99 cents to buy, the version on AppUp costs a full $5, and I'm not sure why. My guess? Greed.
You know what's even odder? It's completely free on the Android phones. Even the Halloween and Christmas expansions. Thank god I have an android.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Sounds to me like Intel paid big money to have it released on their AppUp store. Never heard of it before now, and what better way to get some attention to your store?

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Natdaprat said:
Scott Bullock said:
You know what's even odder? It's completely free on the Android phones. Even the Halloween and Christmas expansions. Thank god I have an android.
I have those myself, and honestly, $5.00 seems like a pretty high sum of cash for a game that I find to lose its appeal after missing by a bloody hair for the nth time[footnote]Angry Birds does not have an "aiming arrow" of sorts; the only indication of where you aim is looking at the tiny slingshot. Grumble grumble grumble.[/footnote], breaking the camel's back as I amuse myself some other way.

Not the best way of leaving a positive feeling for Intel's new app store considering that wicked Age of Empires III deal for the Microsoft Live market sale!

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
Vie said:
Intel has an Application store?

When did this happen?
Apparently so [http://www.appup.com/]. I had not heard of it either =)

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Five times the amount of the other versions? Fuck off.
Unless it's got loads of new stuff then a port is not worth 5 times as much.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
oh thank god!!! because if there is ONE thing PC has been missing, its generic physics games!

the most (only) novel part of this is the price... and not in a good way.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Yeah we've got that on the PC..
It's called Crush the Castle, it came out first, and its fucking FREE.
This