These Steampunk Star Wars Figures Are Bully!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
These Steampunk Star Wars Figures Are Bully!

A DIY sculptor reimagines what Star Wars characters from all three original films would look like in a Victorian setting.

The sci-fi universe of George Lucas' Star Wars draws a lot of inspiration from Japanese films by Kurosawa and pulp adventure serials of the 1930s, as well as some old Victorian era create portraits of them in a steampunk setting [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106181-Behold-The-Possible-Steampunk-Origin-of-Darth-Vader]. Sculptor Sillof took that one step further by crafting action figures of dozens of characters from the original Star Wars trilogy as if they were flying airships and "X wing biplanes" instead of space ships.

[gallery=84]

These figures were made using parts and pieces from existing toys and sculpting on top of them using an epoxy polymer to create the shapes that he couldn't find otherwise. "I usually work on all of them at once, so while the glue or paint is drying on one I work on another," Sillof writes on his website. "Sometimes I sculpt over the old toy parts. Sometimes I dremel down the part using it more as an armature and sculpt over it. Often time I will sculpt an entire new piece. Some of the figures are completely built from scratch. It really just depends on what I want, need, and what I have on hand in my various drawers of parts."

The Star Wars figures were created back in 2007, but I hadn't seen them yet so I figured that you might not have either. Sillof has continued to create figures in this style for various IPs including Gaslight Justice League [http://www.sillof.com/C-Vict-Marvels.htm].

It looks like at one time Sillof was selling his custom-made figures on Ebay but most of the auctions he has posted have expired. Sillof, if you're still taking orders, our very own [user]Susan Arendt[/user] wouldn't turn away one of your steampunk Salacious Crumbs.

Sillof.com [http://www.sillof.com/index.htm]

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Cool figures, reminds me of a lot of the steampunk/Industrial Revolution inspired Star Wars I've seen, will have to post some of them if I find them.

EDIT: Here are some of the better ones, couldn't find all of them, though.

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
I remember seeing these before,I thought it was on a link from here. Maybe not, or maybe I'm going crazy.

Or maybe I've seen the future...

No, probably just crazy.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
ike42 said:
Can someone please tell me why Yoda is wearing a pimp coat?
you just answered yourself. Because he's Yoda.

Why does it seem that Steampunk makes everyhting awesome? I mean, honestly, I wouldnt mind seeing the original three star wars movies remade in steam pun.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
A friend of mine pointed me towards that site more than a year ago. I hadn't visited in a while. It's every bit as awesome as I remember.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Is it just me or does those steampunk stormtroppers look more like soemthing off FallOut 3?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Jaba the Hut looks scary! Although, I think his method of chaining his sex slaves is a little... better?

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
I wonder if Lucas arts will sue they did some crazy suing back in the day.
I was thinking the same thing.

Mr.Pandah said:
If that 3rd figure is Han Solo...I do not like it one bit. =X
The look on his face is... well pretty rapey.

AssassinJoe said:
Very cool, just one question:

What's powering the Lightsabers?
Steam... Also punk to a certain extent.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
This is probably the best thing I've seen all day. And I just watched the IT Crowd.