Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Film Looking for an Abe

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Film Looking for an Abe

The film adaptation of the 2010 novel is looking for its Honest Vampire-Hunting Abe.

20th Century Fox Has been trying to cast Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter since November of 2010, and some of their top picks have recently come to light. In what Deadline calls "a very interesting mix of semi-knowns and unknowns, stage and screen vets," the frontrunners for the role of Abraham Lincoln are James D'Arcy (Secret Diary of a Call Girl), Adrien Brody (The Pianist), Oliver Jackson-Cohen (Faster), Josh Lucas (Hulk), and Benjamin Walker (Flags of Our Fathers).

The story retcons the life of the 16th President of the United States to include his obsessive skill for killing vampires. Author Seth Grahame-Smith (also of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) adapted his novel for the film, and had the script written before the project was up for bid from production studios.

Vampire Hunter was the subject of a furious auction in Hollywood, with such studios as Paramount, Sony, Summit, and Universal all vying for the rights to the material. Deadline reports that, "Fox wanted the project so badly that when the filmmakers came onto the lot, the studio had bloody axes and bloody footprints strewn about, and arranged for a bugle player in a Confederate uniform playing 'Taps' to accompany them to the meeting with studio executives." Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted) is set to direct, and Tim Burton is on hand to produce.

The film will be released -- in 3D, of course -- on June 22, 2012.

Source: Deadline [http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/actors-testing-for-abe-in-vampire-hunter/]

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I don't know if i should call it awesome or ridiculous...

Screw it! Il go with awesome!

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
I don't even-I'm 12 and what's this?

OT: erm, seriously? I would actually like to see Adrien Brody be a vampire hunting Abe Lincoln, but this just sounds stupid...I suggest they should take all the funding they got and make my idea for a Escapist Offices show with carboard boxes a reality instead :3

Siberian Relic

Jan 15, 2010
Someone please kill this nonsense. It's just as bad as any remake, reboot, adaptation, or half-baked sequel.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Stickem said:
If this somehow manages to be worse than the book (Which, admittedly, did have a small handful of good moments), I will be rather surprised. I look forward to this.
I'll take that to mean you don't recommend the book.

OT: If it has enough crazy to interest for it's running time then I'll go.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Evilsanta said:
I don't know if i should call it awesome or ridiculous...
Those aren't mutuals exclusive you know.
For example, here is a scene from Mega shark vs. Giant Octopus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16_8l0yS-g&feature=related

Deonysus

Jan 12, 2011
I will not watch this movie for the story, I will watch it because it got Abraham Lincoln beating the shit out of vampires.

OT; no one will possibly take this movie seriously, lets just hope the producers know that and will take some minor inspiration from how Top Gun was done, which is, a dead serious action comedy full of win.

May 5, 2010
I can almost guarantee that anyone who doesn't think this is awesome has no sense of humor. Probably been to less then....I'm gonna say three real parties.("real party" being defined as 20 people or more.)

And before you quote me, I'm only being half serious. Don't be so defensive.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Holy crap, how did I not know about this? Why did I not know about this? I have to go read the book now...

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Heh I noticed Ol' Abe has an ax behind his back in the picture:
"A vampire divided at the neck, cannot stand!"
"Am I not destroying my enemies when I drive stakes into them?"
"That we here highly resolve that these dead shall fucking stay dead!"

For those of you that don't know American history, yes, those were hilarious.
Die monster! Your puns don't belong in this world!

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Hopefully Hollywood wont totally rape another one of my favourite novels, then again I should be use to it by now.