Question of the Day, January 19, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, January 19, 2011

Starbucks Coffee just recently introduced its new Trenta size drink [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107048-New-Starbucks-Size-Larger-Than-Average-Capacity-of-Human-Stomach], a 31 oz. drink. In other words, it holds 916 mL of fluid - more than the stomach's average capacity of 900 mL. What do you think?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
There should have been a "I want one for coffee, not sissy drinks" option because I do.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I think its stupid that they are only having it for certain beverages: COFFEE not being one of them.

The only reason to get this big a beverage is to share it with someone, and even that is a stretch. I wonder what the pricing will be like on these drinks.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
As of this writing, the poll is evenly split on choices. Ahh, Escapist, how I love your varied community.

But yeah, I want a lemonade so big it results in me taking a 30 second piss.

Which I have done before.

I've got a Bladder of Steel.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Thats the best thing I ever saw... Well if you replaced that chocolate mess with actual coffee.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Rationalization said:
Where is the, "It needs to be larger." option?
It needs a, "I want to drown in my beverage, like a man." option.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I don't visit Starbucks, but...

31 oz.? Pfft... at other fast food places, that's Medium or smaller. I'll start caring when they hit 56oz.

Then again Starbucks' coffee is roughly $14 an ounce (heh), so THAT may be a bit much...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
im more interested in the fact Starbuck is gonna start letting you pay using your cellphone :p

That will probably cost like $15 for a cup so i'll never know what its like to have a cup that large lol so indifferent is good.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Why don't they allow this for coffee? Considering the only place that is near any of my classes is a Starbucks, I get most of my coffee from there. I love hot coffee on a cold day, so more is better. MOAR COFFEE!

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
I just don't like Starbucks. Although if Dunkin Donuts served a 32oz iced coffee, I'd be all over it.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
We don't have any Starbucks in Norway, but I'd probably check it out for teh lulz if there was a Starbucks where I live.

Woem

May 28, 2009
FoolKiller said:
I think its stupid that they are only having it for certain beverages: COFFEE not being one of them.

The only reason to get this big a beverage is to share it with someone, and even that is a stretch. I wonder what the pricing will be like on these drinks.
Starbucks doesn't have good coffee, it's not even their main product. Most people I know just go their to get a frappucino, which is basically an icecream drink. Seriously, among coffee lovers and coffee geeks Starbucks is not welcomed.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
LegendaryGamer0 said:
As of this writing, the poll is evenly split on choices. Ahh, Escapist, how I love your varied community.

But yeah, I want a lemonade so big it results in me taking a 30 second piss.

Which I have done before.

I've got a Bladder of Steel.
yes I have done this before too. Gamers need a bladder of steel. Also it allows me to drink gallons of water while gaming and deal with it later.

OT: I would actually want to try one if its something at least resembling coffee like being hot and with caffeine. Besides that, I don't really go to starbucks.

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
I don't really drink at Starbucks so I'm pretty indifferent, but at the same time... 31oz for one drink? I can't even finish a 20oz drink without spacing it out a lot and I'm pretty sure people will try to chug the 31oz in one sitting. Then think of lawsuits that will crop up as people complain of stomach complications from doing so.