Horror Movie About Murderous Tire Releases a New Trailer

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Horror Movie About Murderous Tire Releases a New Trailer

Written and directed by a French musician, Rubber is a film about a physic tire on a rampage.

Director Quentin Dupieux, also known as French electro house musician Mr. Oizo, has three movie credits to his name: Nonfilm (2001), Steak (2007), and Rubber, a 2010 film about a tire. The tire's name is Robert, he wakes up in the desert, able to roll around unassisted, and, oh yeah, he can make people's heads explode.

The film was to show at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival, but a search of it wasn't screened [http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/search/search/type/2.html], it's just not on the official site. Either way, the film has been around since 2010, but this new trailer is to promote the release of the film On Demand on February 25 and in theaters on April 1.

The film's website classifies it as a "tribute to the cinematic concept of 'no reason.'" In addition to Robert the tire, the film stars Stephen Spinella (Milk), Jack Plotnick (Reno 911!), Wings Hauser (The Insider), Roxana Mesquida (The Last Mistress), Ethan Cohn (The Experiment), Charley Koontz (Community), and Daniel Quinn (Hancock).

I'm not one for horror, but I may have to make an exception for this malevolently telekinetic tire.

Source: Vulture [http://www.rubberthemovie.com/]

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
I read the title going "what?", asking myself if I had read incorrectly, but there it is... In all it's glory.
Honestly, movies like this with no backstory or reason interest me more than those that try to convey some sort of realism. After awhile, the constant forging of supposed believability ruins the actual movie, but this has potential, horror, and laughs...

Also, is it a Physic tire or Psychic tire?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Is it just more or does it seem like more of those movies that you see on the Syfy channel are getting made?

And on that note, why do people criticize them on syfy and say its garbage, but when it comes out like this one, people look at it and say, well it looks interesting and worth seeing for the laughs.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Wow at first I thought this was a joke, but its not... and it looks awesome.

I'll go see just for the fact that the killer tire has the same name as me.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
I think I might have to go see that, if only because I will (probably) never see any other movie about a serial-killer tire in my life.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Rewdalf said:
Also, is it a Physic tire or Psychic tire?
It's Psychic, as in telekinesis, as in that thing makes your head explode with it's"mind".

Holy shit, that felt wierd.

OT: I still don't know if it's just pure genious or pure bullshit. That trailer made me laugh, it just looks so damn ridiculous, it's almost a parody of itself, but if that's the intention of the movie, then I WILL see this movie.

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
I have been staring at the subheading for five minutes contemplating 'Physic' tire? What the hell, do they mean psychic tire? Is this some new form of a word? Can someone explain please?

necronmm

Dec 14, 2010
The first thing I thought of when I saw the title was the tire from Strongbadia

Population: killer tire?

Also the "tribute to the cinematic concept of 'no reason.'" is a hilarious description. I'm curious to see what it's like now.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Is it just more or does it seem like more of those movies that you see on the Syfy channel are getting made?

And on that note, why do people criticize them on syfy and say its garbage, but when it comes out like this one, people look at it and say, well it looks interesting and worth seeing for the laughs.
Because SyFy movies are funny-bad (see Hydra, Carnosaur, and Pterodactyl). They're made to be funny-bad...well not all of them, but about 98% of them are.

Dr.Fantastic

Aug 27, 2010
That looks so sweet! Im gonna see it. I mean a psychic tire blowing peoples heads up, Who would pass up an opportunity to see that?

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
subject_87 said:
I think I might have to go see that, if only because I will (probably) never see any other movie about a serial-killer tire in my life.
If you look at some of the Stephen King novels turned into movies back in the day you will. "Christine" is about a car with a taste for human blood! Then there is that movie about a pants press with a taste for human blood!(it might be demonically possessed) There is also one about one of those old style clothes drying machines also with a taste for human blood!

emeraldrafael said:

It's worth pointing out that Syfy is (literally) shit in polish. It's derived from the base of Syphilis.

OT: That might be worth a guffaw or three but am I the only one who wondered why the tire had to turn around to look at the cop?