The Best of The Escapist in 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
The Best of The Escapist in 2010

A roundup of the best comics, articles and special features on The Escapist in 2010.

Read Full Article

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Man, I forgot about the Gaming Heaven and Hell. That was the best Stolen Pixels I read.
i concur.

I thought this Critical Miss was funnier just cause the punch line so completely caught me off guard XD

and the name game #9 was indeed the best imo

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
You know...every now and then I get a little peeved by certain tendencies that I often get from this site and by certain assumptions that are made on certain topics that happen to extend beyond just gaming when it comes to providing a solid analysis on them.

But reading through this list I can't help but think. "Yeah...you know what? It's pretty good all things considered."

I hope you continue churning out good material such as what was listed here in the future and good fortune to you all. :) As for me, my favourites were Gaming Heaven and Hell, Yahtzee's two Extra Punctuations and perhaps also the Genre Wheel.

Though I was missing Brendan Main's "I punch the body electric." on this list. Both the art on that + the article itself had me laughing in tears as I re-read it many times over. Then again it might just be due to my personal distate of motion controls and in what direction they keep persisting in. :D

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Speaking of funny Stolen Pixels, whats the deal with it stopping all of a sudden, did his contract expire or something.

Also really enjoyed the list, it was a great look at the previous year

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Man, I forgot about the Gaming Heaven and Hell. That was the best Stolen Pixels I read.
Agreed, incidentlly do you know why they are'nt bieng made anymore?

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
Nice list. I'd add the Mario celebration (I think it was for SMG2), and anything Steve Butts wrote. 2010 was a great year for the Escapist; here's hoping for an even better 2011.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
Lost In The Void said:
Speaking of funny Stolen Pixels, whats the deal with it stopping all of a sudden...
It's a meta-joke - part 2 of the new vegas comic will never appear because of all the bugs.

Seriously, though, I think the guy's just busy.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
It was a nice year indeed. And the final comic was epic, though some Critical Misses do come quite close to being as awesome AND true.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I need to read more of everything here. Those were hilarious!

Nice article, really opened me up to the funny stuff this place can hold.

J a m m y

Apr 14, 2009
HankMan said:
imnotparanoid said:
HankMan said:
imnotparanoid said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Agreed, incidentlly do you know why they are'nt bieng made anymore?
He's doing Shamus Plays now.
Was'nt he alrready doing that?
It's a meta-joke - part 2 of the new vegas comic will never appear because of all the bugs.

Seriously, though, I think the guy's just busy.
What he said.^
He actually posted on his blog today saying that this Shamus Plays will end in a few weeks, and then he'll be starting Stolen Pixels again.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=10451

aegios187

Jun 17, 2007
I can't remember the name of the feature or the author other than it was written by a mail, but there used to be a article that was hilarous. For example, it talked about how he once pretended to be a female and wrote articles for a australian web-zine, it was all tongue in cheek. I think one of the first ones I read was him being driven back home by his ex-wife and how Battlefield ruined his marriage. I wish I could remember more, but it was super funny and I think it was still going in 2010.