Grand Theft Auto IV Coming To PC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Grand Theft Auto IV Coming To PC

The mouse-and-keyboard crowd will finally be able to slide behind the wheel of Grand Theft Auto IV [http://www.rockstargames.com] is coming to the PC.

"We're very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Rockstar games founder Sam Houser. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Released in April for the PlayStation 3 [http://www.xbox.com], Grand Theft Auto IV quickly became the hottest-selling videogame of all time, punching out more than six million copies and $500 million in sales in its first week of release. Reviews were wildly enthusiastic, earning perfects scores from publications including Edge, GameSpot, IGN, Official Xbox Magazine, Official PlayStation Magazine and many others.

Few details have been revealed, but publisher Take-Two [http://www.take2games.com] says the PC release of the game will feature "newly expanded multiplayer" options. Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC is slated for release on November 18 in North American and November 21 in Europe.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
It wasn't a question of if, but a question of when.

That being said, I really hope the following happens with the PC release:

A) Give us the ability to mod. I know that Rockstar's fiasco with Hot Coffee prompted them to release a PC patch for San Andreas that made it extremely hard for users to mod. I'm hoping that they still allow for modding in GTAIV since modding is one of the reasons why the PC versions of GTA have always been superior.

B) Don't force us to use Games for Windows LIVE as the online service. PC gamers hate that shit and it's not going to change.

That being said, I'll probably sell my 360 copy and pick up the PC version when it's released.

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
I doubt I'm the only person who isn't surprised by this.

However as they gave the previous 3D GTA's some texture loving I am interested to see what, if any, improvements come towards the PC version of IV.

I also hope they do a better job at optimizing it for the PC after the crap that was San Andreas' emulation.

hell4raizer

Feb 20, 2008
Now the only reason why i bought a ps3 was for metal gear, i'm doubting that'll ever go to pc. hurah for pc!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Well Joeshie I agree with you, but if it was GFWL (which now has no online fees and will soon have a "steam" like service) - then there is a chance we could get the exclusive DLC that was supposed to be 360 only.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Avenger305 said:
WhoopieShit. GTA4 is way overrated and boring as hell.
I'm sure Rockstar just saw your post and the executives as we speak are sitting at their large round table talking about your post right now.

"Did you see what Avenger305 said this afternoon? Gentleman, I don't have to remind you that he's the voice of gamers all across the globe. We're in big trouble."

"I've already taken the liberty of pulling the plug on this port, sir. I'm also working on a team of marines to go out and purge all copies of this game."

"Good job, Simmons. But I fear it may be too late. With Avenger305 critiquing our game, our amazing sales figures are going to mysteriously evaporate. Our bank accounts will be closed and the millions upon millions of dollars we've already made will be automatically donated to Avenger305's parents for raising "The One" child. Let's hope we've avoided this or Rockstar will shut down for good. I can't go back to working the Mcdonald's drive-thru. I just can't!"

The new executive stands up. "But, sir! What about all of the people that HAVE enjoyed this game? Don't they get a say?"

"Did you not hear Avenger305?? What does it matter what a bunch of blathering assholes think of this game? If Avenger305 isn't happy then all is lost. Now get to the PURGING!"

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
runtheplacered said:
Avenger305 said:
WhoopieShit. GTA4 is way overrated and boring as hell.
I'm sure Rockstar just saw your post and the executives as we speak are sitting at their large round table talking about your post right now.

"Did you see what Avenger305 said this afternoon? Gentleman, I don't have to remind you that he's the voice of gamers all across the globe. We're in big trouble."

"I've already taken the liberty of pulling the plug on this port, sir. I'm also working on a team of marines to go out and purge all copies of this game."

"Good job, Simmons. But I fear it may be too late. With Avenger305 critiquing our game, our amazing sales figures are going to mysteriously evaporate. Our bank accounts will be closed and the millions upon millions of dollars we've already made will be automatically donated to Avenger305's parents for raising "The One" child. Let's hope we've avoided this or Rockstar will shut down for good. I can't go back to working the Mcdonald's drive-thru. I just can't!"

The new executive stands up. "But, sir! What about all of the people that HAVE enjoyed this game? Don't they get a say?"

"Did you not hear Avenger305?? What does it matter what a bunch of blathering assholes think of this game? If Avenger305 isn't happy then all is lost. Now get to the PURGING!"
Although uncalled for, the dialogue above was hilarious.

As for the topic discussion...I'll wait to see what the PC version offers (performance is always important), but if it beats the 360 version (including the DLC issue), then yeah...I'll switch to pc. :D

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Of course. It's was a matter of when, as Joshie said.

Even though I'm not going to get it (played San Andreas for PC, IMHO I thought it wasn't as good as the console version) I'm still hoping that there will be some cool modded content for this game.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I think I'll sign up for this one. The PC port of San Andreas suffered from a lot of Stupid Console Shit, but was immensely enjoyable despite that, and it's unlikely Rockstar will botch this version so thoroughly that it won't be worth having.

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
I bought a PS3 soley for GTA IV, I knew a PC version would have been released eventually, but I regret nothing. I may even buy the PC version after its price drops unless it turns out to be a bad port. The thing is, I could have waited for the PC version, but my friend had to bring his PS3 and his copy of GTA IV to my house and show me how awesome it was. I went and bought my own on the same weekend.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Good. I already played the 360 version of GTA but I can't wait to see all the mods people will make for it.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
GoldenShadow said:
I bought a PS3 soley for GTA IV, I knew a PC version would have been released eventually, but I regret nothing. I may even buy the PC version after its price drops unless it turns out to be a bad port. The thing is, I could have waited for the PC version, but my friend had to bring his PS3 and his copy of GTA IV to my house and show me how awesome it was. I went and bought my own on the same weekend.
You can just sell your PS3 copy, I'm seeing people on other sites saying they are planning on selling their previous copy. Chances are the game will be somewhere from 40-50 dollars.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
And when the pc version doesn't sell 6000000 copies they will ofcourse blame piracy even tho they saturated 90% or so of the market already with the x360 version.

Feb 13, 2008
Asehujiko said:
And when the pc version doesn't sell 6000000 copies they will ofcourse blame piracy even tho they saturated 90% or so of the market already with the x360 version.
Nah, you haven't seen the Lukewarm Coffee mod that I'm building :)

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
I can see some interesting mods coming for this game. With a sandbox game any number of things could be put into it, I guess half the fun of a PC game is moding it. I wouldn't know though considering my computer would serve more use as a footstool than a gaming machine

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
Now at least vehicle chases with shooting will be nice and playable. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Medic Heavy

Jul 4, 2008
God i can't wait for GTA 4 put i do agree with the previous posts that it's not a matter of if but when. I've always tried putting on mods but they never work for me.