Tron 3 May Feature an Old Villain

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
Tron 3 May Feature an Old Villain

New details on the rumored Tron 3 teaser trailer reveal a new character and an old villain.

The rumors that have been flying for the past few weeks about the supposed teaser trailer for Tron 3 have gotten even juicer, as they now include not just the existence of such a trailer, but the contents of it as well.

Apparently, the trailer will be split into three scenes. In one, Alan Bradley (Bruce Boxleitner) confronts Ram (Dan Shor, reprising his role from Tron) about being the head of the "FLYNN LIVES" movement, as Ram hurriedly destroys evidence of his operation. Ram also asks Alan, "Why did Kevin give you the cool name?"

I know what you're thinking: Who the hell is Ram and what is "FLYNN LIVES"? For those of you who may not remember the original Tron movie, Ram was an insurance program who died escaping a lightcycle game. As programs on the Grid take on the appearance of their programmer, this new Ram must be the human programmer who made the original Ram. As for "FLYNN LIVES [http://www.flynnlives.com/]"? It's a website that was set up to gain viral support for Tron: Legacy, hinging around the idea of a campaign to prove that Kevin Flynn was still alive.

Another scene shows Quora (Olivia Wilde), the ISO from Tron: Legacy, being accosted by the press while riding Sam's (Garrett Hedlund) Ducati motorcycle and telling the gathered reporters that she had just spoken to Kevin Flynn the day before.

A final scene shows perhaps the most important information of all: Edward Dillinger (David Warner), the evil programmer who stole Flynn's work from the original movie, and his son Ed (Cillian Murphy) saying that everything is going as planned.

Along with the leaked information about the trailer, several pictures were taken of the set where the trailer was filmed, most of which have been taken down at the request of the photographer. One of the remaining images is shown above.

It is not yet known when Tron: Legacy will be released on DVD, but the teaser trailer will supposedly be available as a bonus feature.

Source: Entertainment Geekly [http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48194]

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Wow, Tron Legacies corpse isn't even cold yet. I seriously don't wanna hear about a sequel.

Otaku13

Feb 4, 2010
Im still thinking that there might be a return of the MCP. unless you wanted to count CLU as that. *shrugs* ether way I cant wait to see the teaser.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I enjoyed Tron legacy, massive plot holes aside.

Sure, I'd be up for a sequel.

SoldierHawk

Aug 11, 2009
Wait, David Warner AND Cillian Murphy?!?! I'm no quickie-sequel fan, but sign me the hell up for this one!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I haven't even seen Tron: Legacy yet, what the hell?

Between this and the rumor about two more Matrix sequels, I no longer want to live on this planet.

Are the sign-ups for the suicide Mars mission still up?

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I liked the new Tron well enough. No better or worse than the original but I do with it had more action. I'm down for a third one. Maybe I'll actually pay for this one instead of mooching a viewing from a charity event.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
DO WANT.

If anyone needs me, I will be over in the corner masturbating FURIOUSLY to the visual design of TRON: Legacy until Tron 3 comes out.

-m

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
DO WANT.

If anyone needs me, I will be over in the corner masturbating FURIOUSLY to the visual design of TRON: Legacy until Tron 3 comes out.

-m
Umm, thank you for sharing... Sharing time is now over. Please refrain from sharing again... =P

OT: I am really excited about this. I am a HUGE Tron fan, and had a feeling that even if Legacy did OK in theaters that a sequel would be greenlit fast. Looking forward to seeing this teaser too.

Technicolor

Jan 23, 2011
I'm kind of indifferent, I just don't this Tron sequel to have the exact same storyline and themes as the first. They should try expanding the universe, and detailing it, instead of just dropping characters in the setting without defining it.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
bahumat42 said:
only if they bring back daft punk to do the soundtrack again. Easily the best part of the film. *cranks up to full volume*
This. Tron:Legacy was the second-best feature length Daft Punk music video ever. Second only to Interstella 5555.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
More Tron can only be a good thing, the kids today need to know how brilliant the original was though, and how far ahead of it's time.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Glad to hear Cillian Murphy will be featuring in the next film. Got a lot of love for that man...

Oh and please replace Flynn Jr's actor with Chris Pine! Legacy would have been so much better with him.

XShrike

Sep 11, 2007
What I want the next one to have is at least Kevin Flynn, TRON, and Daft Punk to do the soundtrack again.

Technicolor said:
I'm kind of indifferent, I just don't this Tron sequel to have the exact same storyline and themes as the first. They should try expanding the universe, and detailing it, instead of just dropping characters in the setting without defining it.
About the only thing I can say for this is that I expect the vast majority of the people who saw TRON: Legacy had never heard about TRON let alone seen it. Of the group I saw it with I think I was the only one who had saw the first movie. One had only seen parts of it but, the dated effects put him off. Another thought it was a remake of the first movie, which he never saw. I don't remember the status of the third.

As I understand it Disney wants to treat TRON the same as they are treating the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. They want something that will generate money and change scares them as it isn't part of the formula that makes money.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Did i just read an article... speculating on details, of a teaser trailer... that is RUMORED to even exist?

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Oh hell yes - I will now be sitting here wishing fervently for this to be true, heh. Because Tron is awesome. Also now I'm highly curious what the visual aesthetic would be like in a Tron 3, considering the grid we see in the sequel is still 20 years old - I loved how the various systems you would move through in Tron 2.0 would vary based on the purpose and level of complexity of the underlying hardware you are supposedly "inside of", so I would expect whatever new grid they construct (and you pretty much have to have one, it's not Tron without a grid!) would reflect that sort of thing.

I should go play that game again...

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
DO WANT.

-m
Mind if I join you?

MATT! Now, that's not very civilized, is it? Go to your corner right now. And no, not to do... that.

On topic, it seems a little early, but looking forward to it none the less.